cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help unlocking a phone while travelling for a month

Michelle29
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, I’m travelling and bought an Australian SIM card to use but when I stuck it in my phone (bought on a plan back in the day but since paid off and changed carriers to Public a year and a bit ago) and my phone says the SIM is not supported and I have to contact my provider to get it unlocked. 
But Public doesn’t seem to have a customer support, just a « community » where I can ask questions. Would be hugely appreciative if anyone knows what I should do but holy cats Telus is practically a monopoly and can buy land and build entire buildings in downtown Vancouver and now I’m learning that they’re too cheap to have customer service? What absolute horse refuse is this? 
HMU if anyone knows how to unlock a phone I own and has changed carriers within Canada before. I bought the phone from a Telus store and then changed to Public, which is a subsidiary of Telus. Also in Australia you can buy 50 gigs of 5G data for CAD$35. Just a reminder of the bull discharge deal we get in Canada, where I pay CAD$28/ month 

2 REPLIES 2

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Michelle29 

You can also call telus to unlock it but given where you are online support is easier. Supply them with the IMEI # of your phone and they will supply you the unlocking code. If you have a samsung phone you can chat online with Samsung Canada to get the unlocking codes for your phone.

Public Mobile absolutely does have customer support, and they can unlock a Telus locked phone for you.  You'll need to open a ticket to ask a customer support agent for help.  Please use the chatbot to do that.  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.