cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to add textos to a phone number

Paco1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I created an account for my mom few years ago.

The 611 service, doesn't have the option to add textos to an old Public Mobile phone plan.

I tried to create an online account for her, but the system shows an error when I add her email to start the process. 

Since I can't create a new online account, since I don't have her account number, and since the 611 system doesn't give anyone the option to add textos, she is stuck with an old plan she wish to update.  

Can you please help me, by updating her plan with the basic plan which has textos in it, no need for multimedia files. 

Her number is ***********, Thanks,,,

19 REPLIES 19

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

I would argue your choice of solution is only a partial solution. While the CSA helped with the account details they cannot help with the final creation of the self serve account when the 6 digit code is sent to the customers phone. Thus its an incomplete solution and will not help future users with the same issue.

Just sayin'.....

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Paco1

Alright! Thanks Darli..

Paco1

Thanks, someone assist me. Thanks for the advices

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Paco1 

To finish creating the self serve account you need your mother's phone/sim card because the 6 digit code is sent to the phone with the phone number. You can call your mother or she you once the code is sent to her phone. Then you can finish creating the account.

When you choose the plan if it's the $15 plan schedule a change plan on next renewal so you don't lose any value in the current plan. Unless your mom talks a whole lot on the phone with outgoing minutes then the $15 plan with a one time purchase of the $5/500 min add on will supplement the outgoing 100 plan minutes when needed and then continue to roll over every 30 days until completely consumed.

Since your mom's plan has no texting did she ever get a text from 4911 advising her about the "more is merrier" holiday gifts of a 2gb bonus data add on and 500 international long distance calling minutes? Customers not getting them automatically added after replying YES to the text had until December 31st to contact customer support to get them added. But if your mom didn't think she could text or even if she did she wouldnt have been able to check her account anyways.

You can inquire about if it's possible to get them added to the account given the texting limitations of her plan and the lack of self serve account to check. The CSA may or may not agree to add them if they still can but it can't hurt to ask when you get a reply from a CSA.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Paco1 

Hopefully a PM agent will respond to you within an hour or two after the time you first sent that private message. Keep us posted on the progress here!

Paco1

I guess you're right, it's create but I can't login. I contacted the chat already. She claim there's nothing she could do. She gave me the advice to send a private message. 

Paco1

Yes, SMS... 15$ is not bad, but the 25$ plan is more convenient.

Paco1

It's an already activated account with Public Mobile. This account was activated by a live agent. And now the system doesn't allowed me to create an online profil with her phone number. 

@HALIMACS wrote:

It's Spanish for text/texting @Yummy 

The OP's username is a bit of a hint... if one were to presume a connection.

@HALIMACS    Lol...well now I know another Spanish word besides "ole"  😁

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Paco1    Yes, your best option is to contact customer support as already advised, sorry I missed the part in your first post that you had tried to create an account without success already.  

Well that sounds frustrating, @Paco1 

You might want to wait a 1/2 hour before trying again.   Before doing so, try clearing cache and cookies from the device, opening an incognito tab, then trying the login / forgot password option again from the incognito tab.

Failing that, you should definitely utilize the Customer Support Agents for assistance.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Paco1

Yup calling only..

Yup, I tried, but I failed... 

On (Need To Create an Account?)
I clic (Create Account)
1. Verify Your Phone Number
***-***-**** (Submit)
* The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here.

1. Email Verification
Please enter your email address: ****@****.com
Confirm usename/E-mail: ****@****.com

Your login failed. Please try again.

It's a loop, I can't go anywhere...

It's Spanish for text/texting @Yummy 

The OP's username is a bit of a hint... if one were to presume a connection.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Paco1   So, You think an My Account has not been created yet but you cannot create one?

It could be  My Account might have been created but you just cannot login?  

Try to start with PM Support and see if they can find out if an account was created and what email was used:

click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. type: Forgot log in information
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  4. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

What is 'textos'? Do you mean sending/receiving text (SMS)?

Best way to gain unlimited send/receive SMS (text) is to change her current plan to cheapest one - $15. If you decide to to that, do - schedule plan change - do not do change plan immediately! She will get unlimited in/out SMS, 100 outgoing call minutes, unlimited incoming calls and 250MB of data for short Internet surfing.

Paco1

Thanks for the advice and the link...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Paco1    Click on the downward arrow on your post and edit/delete your mother's number as you're posting on a public forum.

If a self serve account wasn't created for her when she activated then you can try setting up one now with this link: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Once you've activated the account then you will be able to Change Plan (under Account Status) and select the $15 plan which has 100 mins outgoing, unlimited incoming calls, unlimited in/out global texting and 250MB data.  Add a payment card (CC or Debit Visa/MC) and enable autopay to get $2/30 days discount.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Paco1 

What's the plan type? 

Is it calling only?

You have tried to create the self-serve account by clicking https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/create-a-self-serve-account

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Paco1 

Please edit out her contact information, since this is a public forum.

You will need to have her send a private message to CS_Agent with her account details so she can be verified and the PM agent can then set up her self serve account.

Have her include her full name, phone and account numbers, email address, and the 4-digit PIN (if she has it), to speed up the process.

Need Help? Let's chat.