cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! My contacts with Androids receive my texts, but Iphone users do not (SMS OR MMS)

TigerLily8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please help! 

I've been with Public Mobile a long time. On a dual SIM Samsung Phone. I changed one of my phone numbers about a week ago. My contacts with Androids receive my texts, but Iphone users do not (SMS OR MMS). Never had an issue with this before.

It's my new work number. I do on call work and a coworker said she phoned me twice from her Iphone, no record of this on my phone. Then she texted me from her phone, I didn't receive any and she can't receive mine. Thought it might just be her phone but in fact other contacts with Iphones don't receive any of my texts. 

I tried re-starting my phone a few times. It hasn't made a different. I really need my work number to be reliable. I don't know what to do.

Thanks for your help community!

28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TigerLily8 wrote:
S--S Mayor / Maire, I tried all of your suggestions and afterward it's working. Thank you SO MUCH. I hope it's resolved for good. Thanks Everyone for your help !! 

Josie

@TigerLily8 

your welcome,

i'm glad to hear that,

enjoy your service....

TigerLily8
S--S Mayor / Maire, I tried all of your suggestions and afterward it's working. Thank you SO MUCH. I hope it's resolved for good. Thanks Everyone for your help !! 

Josie

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@TigerLily8 

As last resort, maybe try a Factory reset of the phone if not done yet.

@TigerLily8 - if everything was hunky-dory before you changed the phone number, and you have inquired with CSA about it, I would be persistent about asking them what the deal is here. 

It. Is. Strange.

If you are not connected to the new phone number, perhaps changing it to another new number will set things right again. Would that be worth a shot?

You can change your number 4 times every 30 days with PM.

@TigerLily8 

Can you send SMS to yourself?

I agree also try force to 3G/WCDMA/HSPA mode

Lastly you could try a new SIM.

@TigerLily8  - well, you have been going through some long periods trouble-shooting haven't you? 😕

s-s provided a WHOLE bunch of stuff you likely already tried, including submitted a ticket with CSA. But the only thing that I was thinking, that they did include was, forcing your Mobile Connection in your phone's settings to the 3G/WCDMA ONLY network (temporarily) to see if that improves services.

See if that does anything for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TigerLily8 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
Spoiler
for IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

for iphone  go to Settings > Messages > To turn iMessage on or off, 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.to refreshing your network.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

if you can't fix it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

TigerLily8

Hey Softech,

So I just tried that SIM in another phone. Results:

In both phones (my phone and the phone I just tried) I can receive texts to my phone number but in both phones when I send texts, they show as sent but the receiving person does not get my text.  Also in both phones I can send and receive phone calls.

From that I can conclude: 1) it isn't my phone or SIM card slot. 2) that my public mobile service to that number isn't fully working but is connected because I can receive phone calls, and incoming texts but not send them properly.

So I think this is in fact a service issue. I'm still messaging with a moderator to get it sorted.

Thanks for your suggestion, perhaps I should try this google messages thing for the time being.

Josie

@TigerLily8   you are down to putting your SIM in another phone to test it out 

Also install another messaging app like Google Messages and use it as your default text app and see how it goes

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi Josie - I would strongly urge you to visit a local phone repair shop, or at least visit a friend knowledgeable about phone hardware. Given the numerous possibilities and the lack of complete information, it seems unlikely that your problem will be resolved solely on this thread.

It does not sound like your problem is related to your carrier (Public Mobile) in any way.

TigerLily8

Hi Softech,

Some phone calls come through, some don't. I can make phone calls though. And I've discovered it isn't just Iphones now, it's some android too. 

I receive some texts. Nobody receives my responses now. I phone or android. It's very strange. 

Thanks,

Josie

@TigerLily8 

At this point it might be worthwhile to test your SIM in a different phone... Maybe if you stop by a Telus or Koodo store/kiosk they will let you try your SIM in a test phone for a little while while you're there...

Might help at least narrow down if it's really a Public Mobile issue, or an issue with the phone itself...

TigerLily8

Hi NDesai,

No, unfortunately I'm still having this problem. I've been messaging with a moderator but ao far nothing has helped to solve the issue. 

I can received some texts but when I reply the people aren't receiving mine back (at least 5 pf my contacts) some with Iphones and some with androids actually. 

I have tried multiple things. Taking sim cards out, changing mobile network and then changing back, updating software on phone, restarting my device, nothing seems to work that has been suggested.

It's been almost a week and many messages & suggestions, tried them all but no solutions. The issue isn't resolved yet.

Thanks for trying to help and for asking 🙂 

Josie

TigerLily8

Hi Nezgar,

Thanks, I tried that but in the end it said my phone number isn't connected to an imessage device.

Josie

@NDesai wrote:
@TigerLily8 wrote

No, I'm using the same Android phone I've been using with public mobile for 2+ years

May be the new number you got was used by someone on iPhone? Try turning iMessage off from Apple's site: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/#:~:text=No%20longer%20have%20your%20iPhone%3F

This was my thought as well... if the "new" number was previously used by an iPhone user, it may still be registered to some apple ID, and texts(imessages)/calls from other iphones may be trying to bypass the cellular network and reach the former owners device.... Definitely try the apple deregister link there...

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@TigerLily8 Any luck getting text to work on iPhones?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@TigerLily8 wrote:

Please help! 

I've been with Public Mobile a long time. On a dual SIM Samsung Phone. I changed one of my phone numbers about a week ago. My contacts with Androids receive my texts, but Iphone users do not (SMS OR MMS). Never had an issue with this before.

It's my new work number. I do on call work and a coworker said she phoned me twice from her Iphone, no record of this on my phone. Then she texted me from her phone, I didn't receive any and she can't receive mine. Thought it might just be her phone but in fact other contacts with Iphones don't receive any of my texts. 

I tried re-starting my phone a few times. It hasn't made a different. I really need my work number to be reliable. I don't know what to do.

@TigerLily8 

Have you tried to Reset network settings?

Also try to select network carrier manually then switch back to auto to see if it helps.

Or put the phone on 3G-only network.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TigerLily8 

I can't be sure because I'm unsure of all the details without having the phone in front of me to perform a full investigation on. However, from your description it sounds very likely that the problem lies with your Samsung device.

A possible approach would be to try swapping the SIM cards between the 2 slots in your phone. Or put your work SIM into another phone to see if the problem continues. This will help you know one way or another whether the problem is device-related.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TigerLily8 wrote:

Please help! 

@TigerLily8  - is your Chat Features on? If so, turn it off.     EDIT: as @NDesai already posted, which I glossed over. oops

Turn chat features off
  1. On your device, open Messages .
  2. At the top right, tap More. Settings.
  3. Tap Chat features.
  4. Toggle "Enable chat features" off.

@TigerLily8   you said " she phoned me twice from her Iphone, no record of this on my phone."  , so phone calls from iPhone not coming to you too?   or just Message not coming?

And generally, do calls coming to you without issue?

@TigerLily8 wrote

No, I'm using the same Android phone I've been using with public mobile for 2+ years

May be the new number you got was used by someone on iPhone? Try turning iMessage off from Apple's site: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/#:~:text=No%20longer%20have%20your%20iPhone%3F

@TigerLily8 wrote:

Thanks NDesai,

I will reach out to an agent then. If an android user calls or texts me on the new number it works fine. So it seems that the number transferred.

Yes, you are right. Is this an issue with every iPhone users you are tying to text? In this case, this is something on your end. 

Not receiving text messages from iPhone users? | Koodo Community (koodomobile.com)

TigerLily8

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@TigerLily8 Did you switch from iPhone to Android recently? Do you have Chat feature enabled? If yes, try turning it off. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@TigerLily8 

Try swapping the SIM's to the opposite slot, then give it another try.

TigerLily8

Thanks NDesai,

I will reach out to an agent then. If an android user calls or texts me on the new number it works fine. So it seems that the number transferred.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@TigerLily8  If you already tried rebooting your phone, it seems like the number change did not complete properly? In this case, you will need to reach out to PM CSA agent for help. 

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

TigerLily8

I will add that my SIM CARDS are the same as before I changed my 1 number

Need Help? Let's chat.