cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Changed my Number to 437 area code, now no one can call or txt me

Softdog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Changed my number to 437 area code and now no one can call or txt me. i would like a 647 area code number. how can you help me?

5 REPLIES 5

@stonechucker wrote:

Disregarding what plan you have as a Public Mobile customer (ie no 'local' calls available) as Province Wide include all numbers 'outgoing' in Ontario, and Canada Wide is all numbers outgoing to the rest of Canada, are all numbers in the 416, 647, 437 actually considered local, disregarding the physical distance?

All 416, 647, and 437 area code numbers have a a rate centre of Toronto.  The only way for the call from a Toronto number to another Toronto number to be long distance would be if someone with a Toronto cell phone number travelled outside of the local area and called back to Toronto (or a Toronto number). 

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Softdog wrote:

Changed my number to 437 area code and now no one can call or txt me. i would like a 647 area code number. how can you help me?

437 is Toronto like 647.  You can only get 416 or 647 if they have available.  It shouldn't make a diffrerence for people calling you.

Pardon me for this question, but I don't live or work in Toronto, nor the GTA for that matter.  I'm in SW Ontario, and within our 3 area codes, sometimes a 519 to a 519 IS a long distance call, as is a 519 to a 226, or 548 number.

Disregarding what plan you have as a Public Mobile customer (ie no 'local' calls available) as Province Wide include all numbers 'outgoing' in Ontario, and Canada Wide is all numbers outgoing to the rest of Canada, are all numbers in the 416, 647, 437 actually considered local, disregarding the physical distance?

Windsor to Kitchener is an actual long distance call.  Kitchener to Cambridge is not.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Softdog wrote:

437 is Toronto like 647.  You can only get 416 or 647 if they have available.  It shouldn't make a diffrerence for people calling you.

Softdog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

nevermind. it works. just had to wait for half an hour

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Softdog wrote:

@Softdog  Since you just changed your number you need to wait 30 days before you can change it again. Another option is to ask the moderator to do it but please note that it might take a long time to get back to you on this. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Need Help? Let's chat.