cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble porting number from Fido.

BH604
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I've been trying since activating on Wednesday with a temporary number to port my number from Fido to Public Mobile. I couldn't get the self-service form working when I activated the account, giving me a message like:

We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance.

Trying now gives me:

You must be authorized to transfer this phone number.

Even though I have checked the "I am authorized to transfer this phone number" checkbox.

I have sent an email through "Get Help" to port my number last Wednesday, but I haven't received any reply as of yet. My account has been activated for 5 days now, but I haven't been able to use it so far due to this number porting issue. Could someone please help out here?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mother68 wrote:

how do I get to private mess

Send a private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification.

Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET).
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and click on the little envelope in the upper right of your screen that now has a red blob indicating that you have a message.

Mother68
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how do I get to private mess

BH604
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As it turns out, it looks like time was what was needed. My number is now ported. Thanks to Shazia and the rest of the PM team!

Litvinau_A
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Everything great takes time Man Wink

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @BH604

I'm very sorry to hear about this, 

Can you kindly send me all the info via private message? I will assist you right away. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.