cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble porting my number

bnuggets
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I've been trying to port in my old number for 2 weeks now. I'm almost there!!!

I tried requesting a number change yesterday, and things seemed to be progressing.  However I have no service still.  I called Telus and there representative confirmed that the port was completed yesterday.

After changing the SIM in the phone and restarting it.  I still have no service.  Text and phone calls fail.

The phone is showing xxxxxxxxxxxxx as the number.  This is not the number I was switching to.

Should I give up on Public and request a refund, or persevere to finally get service with Public?

M.

Finally yesterday Telus says they completed the port out request

8 REPLIES 8

Josh204

Were you able to have the issue fix yet 

bnuggets

Just checked the SIM card number in the phone with the one in my profile.  They match.

Trying the private message now...

M.

@Priority wrote:

Have you tried calling the Telus Porting Department directly?

As mentioned earlier, this isn't a porting issue. Telus has already confirmed that porting is done.  Also, the porting department wouldn't be able to fix an issue of no service.  The service at Public Mobile should have been working from the start even before number porting was completed and should still work even after porting failed.  This customer's Public Mobile service isn't working at all.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you tried calling the Telus Porting Department directly?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I'll add my 2 cents here.

Don't give up on Public Mobile just yet. Once you're set, you'll be happy you stayed.

The fact it's been two weeks concerns me. Follow @hTideGnow advice by contacting a CS Agent and explain the situation and request a credit if possible.

For now, I'd confirm this. Log into your Public Mobile account, go to Profile on your left side, then when everything opens, on your right side you'll see 3 blocks. One will be Account info, the one below it will be My Phone number and the other will be Language Preference. You want to look at My Phone number. On the second line is SIM Card Number. Hover over the eye and your SIM number will pop up. Now shut off your phone, gently take out your SIM card and make sure the numbers match. If they do 100% match, then gently put it back into your phone and restart your phone. If the numbers don't match, say one number is off, click on the eye and change the number you need to. You may need to go into your phone settings and change the Network Setting to Public Mobile if that option is available. If it isn't, you may need to reboot your phone again. Hopefully the Public Mobile name is up top. If not, then try Network Settings and see if Public Mobile is an option to choose from. You may need to uncheck automatic for PM to show up. 

pcheung_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!

Something like this happened to me while porting as well. What I did was I submitted a ticket to an agent and they found that my number was "sitting" or was "lost" in between systems. They helped resolve it for me and now I have my original number!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hI @bnuggets 

your problem is not the porting , but the sim card was not setup properly.  Please submit ticket with CS agent here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@bnuggets wrote:

Hi,

I've been trying to port in my old number for 2 weeks now. I'm almost there!!!

I tried requesting a number change yesterday, and things seemed to be progressing.  However I have no service still.  I called Telus and there representative confirmed that the port was completed yesterday.

After changing the SIM in the phone and restarting it.  I still have no service.  Text and phone calls fail.

The phone is showing xxxxxxxxxxxxx as the number.  This is not the number I was switching to.

Should I give up on Public and request a refund, or persevere to finally get service with Public?

M.

Finally yesterday Telus says they completed the port out request

Before anyone else sugests it, don't bother calling the porting department. This isn't actually a number porting issue.  You've already established that number porting has compelted.  For infromational purposes, you should have had Public Mobile service even before number porting compelted.  This is a service setup issue at Public Mobile. Please contact Public Mobile's customer support agents by using the chatbot.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If the chatbot gives an error message while trying to open a ticket, send a private message to username CS_Agent.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.