cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble activating an eSIM

Samueli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello community. I have recently purchased an eSIM for my iPhone XR that came free with a plan I submitted payment for. But when I try to activate it with the Public Mobile App, I only get a white screen. I have tried reinstalling the App, restarting my phone, clearing my cache but still no success.

I need some help in to how I can activate this eSIM and use my new Public Mobile service. I did get a welcome email, but there was no SIM info on there.

5 REPLIES 5

Samueli

IMG_1408.jpegIMG_1410.PNGIMG_1409.jpeg

This is what I see in my welcome email. There is no eSIM indicated, it just  states total amount and then it directs me to open the app to complete the setup process. I can't complete it because the white logon screen blocks out anything from being completed.

Blank LoginBlank Login

I am hoping the ticket submitted will help with this issue since there does not seem to be a direct contact number to do this.

Frank52
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello @Samueli!

Have you checked your SIM manager or the screen of your device to if there was a Public Mobile esim?

• If there was, you need to enable it and check if it is connection to the Public Mobile network. 
  • If it doesn't want to connect and you still have other active sims in your phone, you'll need to any SIMs that are not associated with Public Mobile using the SIM manager (Or remove the physical SIM from your phone)

To make sure the esim associated with Public mobile is enabled along with your phone number.

If you are using an iphone:

1. go to settings and choose Cellular
  2. set PM eSIM as primary on Cellular Plan Label
  3. Turn on the option - Turn on This Line

Once you are done, click on "Reset all Networks". This will erase your wifi network but you can easily add it after. 

If you have tried all this and it is still unsuccessful, please submit a ticket with our customer support team. You can do so by using the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to explain the issue to them. They will respond to you in your community inbox so check it from time to time. (Little envelope icon on the top-right of this page). Due to high volumes, the delays for your ticket can be 24-48 hours.

Samueli

Okay, I did not get that welcome email. I got a different one in an all Yellow background just showing the total price. I also checked on my phone and there is no new eSIM activated or anything, so it looks like it did not activate.

I will try to submit a ticket through the link you provided since the App is still not working at this time. Hopefully I will get a solution through there.

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Samueli - The welcome email should be like this:

Welcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-1.jpgWelcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-2.jpgWelcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-3.jpg

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Samueli did you get a welcome email?? there is the eSIM QR code there.  Also,  check if a PM eSIM is in the Settings, Cellular screen

if you cannot install the eSIM still, please ask agent to help 

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.