cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having issues with Confirming My Identity

Zoila
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently transferred my services from another service provider. During the set up process i have to complete an One Time Verification Code (OTVC) sent to what seems to be my cellphone #. 

The issue is that even after multiple requests i still havent received ANY OTVC. I cannot seem to receive any text messages or phone calls in the meantime.

Is there a way to either Confirm or change the phone # the OTVC is being sent to? Or to receive the OTVC by email? Any ideas why im not getting the OTVC? Your assistance would be appreciated 

10 REPLIES 10

@bigData

engage  PM support here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

bigData
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same problem here. Resending the code doesn't result in an email confirmation link.
Neither does entering the incorrect code.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Zoila 

did you get past the section about entering the porting phone number info yet? 

if not, check your phone with other provide still and see if the text sent there

If not, and you cannot login the app to complete the subscription process , you might need to have PM support help

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Proxima
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

sometimes you have to wait upwards of 30 to 90 minutes for codes to start working when you switch from any provider (or if you change your phone number).  but in the meantime you can click resend a couple of times it will give you the option to receive through email, not only did I have to wait 30 to 90 minutes for this site but various other sites where I had to change my number (google, facebook, icloud, government etc), I read somewhere that they have this code delay for security reasons in case you get sim-swapped 

Zoila

Thanks! 

Off to message CS then. Thank you

@Zoila  re sending is not working please message support to help you re gain access to your account 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Zoila

Apreciate the help!

Ive tried to fudge it as often as i could but still wont give me a 2FA by email 😞

Zoila

Hey hey,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I've hit resend code about 10 times and also entered incorrect codes about the same # of times. It is not giving me the 2FA by email option 😞 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Zoila - check your driver's license to see who you are.

JK!

Have you restarted your phone?

Did you receive the port/transfer SMS request from your previous provider (if not a landline that is)?

Try choosing to RESEND CODE multiple times, or enter the code incorrectly a few times, does the option appear for the code to come by email?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Zoila  Hit resend a few times you should get an option to send to email instead . And sign in that way 

Need Help? Let's chat.