cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone successfully received a refund from Public Mobile?

Hopey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My story:

1) I have two phones with Public Mobile for my kids. 

2) I decided to move my own phone from Rogers to Public Mobile as Public Mobile is cheaper than what I'm paying with Rogers currently.

3) I attempted to create a new account and subscribe to one of the plans. I submitted my credit card information but received an error when I submitted the information. I assumed my account wasn't created.

4) I logged in again and was told that I needed to "complete activation", and it sent me to the payment page again. I tried registering with another credit card.  Same error.

5) I decide to try one last time using a third credit card, and receive the same error.  I attempt to contact support.

6) While I'm dealing with support, I check my credit card statements online.  Sure enough I've been charged 3 times on the 3 different cards.  One charge is "Posted", the other two are "Pending / Authorized".

7) I explain the above to support, they tell me that they can't do anything about the two "Pending" charges.  However, they tell me that once the charges go through, my only option will be to contact my bank to file a dispute to get the charges reversed.  I state that I cannot understand why I would need to file a dispute when they can issue a refund instead, and they repeat that I need to file a dispute with my bank and obtain a chargeback.

😎 Today one of the two additional charges is now "Posted". I assume the third charge will be "Posted" by Monday. I messaged the same CSAgent to ask again for a refund and haven't received a response. I'm guessing he's ignoring me since he already told me twice that I need to file a dispute with my bank.

Surely this can't be right? Doesn't Public Mobile get charged higher interest rates if there are too many chargebacks?  Why wouldn't they be willing to refund me for the obvious overpayments?

I'm at the point now where I'm going to cancel the two subscriptions for my kids' phones and move to another provider, simply out of spite.

7 REPLIES 7

Hopey

FYI, another agent has taken over the file and says that they can issue a refund but cannot find the payment in their system.  I've provided him the additional information they were asking for to help find the payment, so fingers crossed...

Hopey

Yes, that was my thought as well -- every other company I've dealt with will cut you off if you initiate any chargebacks.  I couldn't believe that the CS Agent was telling me this would be my only recourse.

hi @Hopey 

no, don't dispute via credit card.  if credit card makes a charge back, your account here will be suspended 

you need to gavd PM to refund, ask thr  agent to escalate 

hi @Hopey 

no, don't dispute via credit card.  if credit card makes a charge back, your account here will be suspended 

hi @Hopey 

Hopey

My issue is that I am being charged 3 times for the same subscription, and the CS Agent told me that the only way to receive a refund is by disputing the charges with my bank. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

As per my understanding you have complete activation using PM app not computer.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Hopey PM is prepaid but they do provide refund due to payment glitches 

Since those are posted changes now, don't hesitate, follow your ticket with agent and ask them to escalate 

Need Help? Let's chat.