cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy with service

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know not many people will post positive reviews. I want to say this year marks 5 years as a customer. I never once had a major issue.  In November I switched to a better plan. Started out at $50 for unlimited Canada wide calling and calling to US from Canada, also includes unlimited text and 8GB 3G data. With all the rewards and for being a customer as long as I been, I'm now at $17. 

Why switch when I'm paying less then people on other carriers who only have talk and text and it's not unlimited. If things keep getting better on PM I see no reason to ever switch. Don't mind not having the big flagship phones that everyone else has. If it means I will pay less then most people on other carriers, I'm happy with getting a mid range phone. 

15 REPLIES 15

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

wow! thank you all  for sharing all those positive experiences with Public Mobile :D. This type of comments have filled up our Friday with positive energy. We'll keep aiming to improve the experience even more. 

Moderators Team. 

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tehowennathe wrote:

That's why for years been getting unlocked Blu phones and I don't care if no one knows the phone. What matters to me is it has a good camera and works well. Also if it helps me keep my monthly cost down then I'm happy with PM. Doesn't matter if phone is lesser known. It's the carrier that matters.

@tehowennathe 

I picked up half a dozen lg x power phones for a song...nothing fancy but works perfect and make good gifts with a PM sim in them..lol

tehowennathe

@Metal1967 wrote:

Screenshot_2019-03-01-09-36-59.png

But in all reality it's "MORE FOR LESS" 👍

True. I had to explain to family what it mean. They believed it means pay less and get less data and not best coverage. Once I explained it they made the switch

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

good to know your positive experience.  More to come

tehowennathe

That's why for years been getting unlocked Blu phones and I don't care if no one knows the phone. What matters to me is it has a good camera and works well. Also if it helps me keep my monthly cost down then I'm happy with PM. Doesn't matter if phone is lesser known. It's the carrier that matters.

Metal1967

Screenshot_2019-03-01-09-36-59.png

But in all reality it's "MORE FOR LESS" 👍

@Alex888 wrote:

@tehowennathePM not offering phones isn't really even a draw back, other providers say the phones are free but they require a 1-3 year contract and a tab fee that over time ends up costing as much as the phone would anyways. And with how much you can save here you can always just save up for a phone you want or buy it on sale.

The cost of phones should be included in the overall calculation regardless of how you buy them.  I would say that most customers chasing the cheaper service are less likely to be iPhone XS owners and so there is not need to get jumbo tabs with the service. 

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Before I am with other provider, they just increase the price and change my plan without notifying the customer. Not so many people knowing Public mobile, they doubt it and asking is it good? So far I can say the signal is good, the price is cheaper.

tehowennathe

@dna2016 wrote:

@tehowennathe  WOW that's awesome, thanks for sharing this great positive review.  It's messages like this that need to be shared and highlighted for people to see.  You practically have the ultimate plan and with all the rewards you're going from $50 to $17.  That's just insanely cheap for all the features you get.  I agree what's the point in switching with all these rewards we can obtain to lower our payments.  

I recently read a story where a family cell service (Bell is their provider) was suspended because their daughter was sending text messages to the US.  The bill reached $2,000.  They missed their payment and Bell suspended their service.  Bell as a favour cut $200 from the bill so it dropped to $1,800.  Long story short, if they were with PM this family would not have lost $1800 in charges because it's unlimited with PM.  

Although there can be issues here and there with PM, but in my opinion it's still worth it to be here and save so much money and at the same time not be worried about being charged additional fees.  Seems like a no brainer to me.

My mom seeing how little I paid was frustrated with Bell as she was paying more and getting less data. She since left Bell and joined PM

dna2016

@tehowennathe  WOW that's awesome, thanks for sharing this great positive review.  It's messages like this that need to be shared and highlighted for people to see.  You practically have the ultimate plan and with all the rewards you're going from $50 to $17.  That's just insanely cheap for all the features you get.  I agree what's the point in switching with all these rewards we can obtain to lower our payments.  

I recently read a story where a family cell service (Bell is their provider) was suspended because their daughter was sending text messages to the US.  The bill reached $2,000.  They missed their payment and Bell suspended their service.  Bell as a favour cut $200 from the bill so it dropped to $1,800.  Long story short, if they were with PM this family would not have lost $1800 in charges because it's unlimited with PM.  

Although there can be issues here and there with PM, but in my opinion it's still worth it to be here and save so much money and at the same time not be worried about being charged additional fees.  Seems like a no brainer to me.

wickedgx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ALSO AGREE!

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathePM not offering phones isn't really even a draw back, other providers say the phones are free but they require a 1-3 year contract and a tab fee that over time ends up costing as much as the phone would anyways. And with how much you can save here you can always just save up for a phone you want or buy it on sale.

tehowennathe

@will13am wrote:

@tehowennathe, thanks for sharing your personal experience here.  Being a forum to seek and offer help, the tone here is definitely slanted towards the negative side.  A good news story is always a welcome one.  I look forward to reaching the 5 year mark and $5 loyalty credit myself.  I am about half way there and since time flies it won't be too long. 

It does fly by. Didn't realize last year that I was at 4 years a customer. I found out when I switch from my pioneer plan I was told I would now receive $4 off for loyalty. That made me realize how fast time goes by.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tehowennathe, thanks for sharing your personal experience here.  Being a forum to seek and offer help, the tone here is definitely slanted towards the negative side.  A good news story is always a welcome one.  I look forward to reaching the 5 year mark and $5 loyalty credit myself.  I am about half way there and since time flies it won't be too long. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

AGREE.

Need Help? Let's chat.