cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half Failed Activation

sonichippie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I am activating another phone on public today. I go through the whole set up of another account, bring number over and after the last step it says there has been a general error. So I try to start over only now it says the sim card is not valid. So I decide to try the sim card in my phone and it work for outgoing calls and outgoing and incoming texts but not incoming calls. I try to login with the account ive created but it says it is also invaid. I am kind of at a loss for what to do next, any help would be appreciated,thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I activated myself in store and ported my number over right away no issues, mind you it was not from Lucky Mobile.    Don't remember having to provide old account number during setup.

@dmbcanada wrote:

Had an issue tonight trying to sign up my father-in-law.    Entered all of his personal information and then got to the part to port his number and it said general failure, never got to payment part.   Then started over and said Sim was in use and to close browser and wait 50 minutes.     Should I just have chosen to select a new number and then port over when I have an account setup for him?     Also trying to port over a number from Lucky Mobile, it asked for his account number which I assue is just his phone number because we couldn't find anything else?

Yes you need to wait 50 minutes before go through the activation again. And chose a number from public mobile will be easier first. For lucky mobile..I don't know.Did you try with his phone number?....You can ask the moderator team here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Had an issue tonight trying to sign up my father-in-law.    Entered all of his personal information and then got to the part to port his number and it said general failure, never got to payment part.   Then started over and said Sim was in use and to close browser and wait 50 minutes.     Should I just have chosen to select a new number and then port over when I have an account setup for him?     Also trying to port over a number from Lucky Mobile, it asked for his account number which I assue is just his phone number because we couldn't find anything else?

@sonichippie wrote:

awesome, just set it up and all my info is there when I login. Thank you! I will keep any eye on the rewards as they arent there yet. 

Great! Welcome to public mobile!

sonichippie

awesome, just set it up and all my info is there when I login. Thank you! I will keep any eye on the rewards as they arent there yet. 

Freebody
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just setup my account yesterday and it took 3 hours for my number to port. I wouldn't get too worried but as mentioned above you can just pm the mods.

Good luck!

@sonichippie wrote:

Just to add I just checked my credit card and I was charged for the plan I chose. 

Don't worry the process of porting has begin..hopefully in few hours (max 4 hours) everything will be OK but because you can't access in your self serve account ( try in one hour again in incognito mode..) write a message to the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and give them details of your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sonichippie- You should be able to create your self serve account manually.  Had to do it for a friend a few weeks ago.  Similar situation.  I think you can use the link on the PM home page.

Once you get in, a few things to check

- If you set up auto-pay during activation, there should be a $2 credit in your account.  Double check that it is active.

- If you had a referral, there should be an additional $25 in the account (within 72 hours).

- You were asked for a PIN during activation.  At some point you might get a text indicating a new PIN.  If that's the case, you need to get the moderators to switch it for you.

sonichippie

Just to add I just checked my credit card and I was charged for the plan I chose. 

Need Help? Let's chat.