cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLEASE

Zakiya2009
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile suspended my account for an apparent charge-back to my credit card. Which is false and they want a pre paid voucher, what do I do..? Help please my phone hasn’t been working 

13 REPLIES 13

@Zakiya2009 wrote:

But they said, they had suspended because of the chargeback. Which is probably why I haven’t been able to login all day..?

@Zakiya2009   Yes, you cannot login because of the Charge back issue they talk about

Again, you have to continue working work support.  If you never made a charge back , reply them and let them know

Honest, we are just customers here and no one can help you with this situation.  Reply support and work with them.

@Zakiya2009 

Could be an error on their part, but unlikely.   

Are you stating that NONE of the accounts you have here had a payment made against it, which was later 'reversed' either by an action you or the card issuer took?

If you're 100% certain of this, they will re-instate the option to pay with a payment card - however be certain this didn't occur first.   If it was the card issuer which declined or 'took back' a payment (i.e. chargeback), find out why, then explain it to PM customer support staff.   

They just need to be assured you weren't playing games with the pre-paid aspect of the service whereby folks make a payment, get the 30-days, then chargeback with the provider for a refund to their card and essentially receive free service.   It happens - and PM doesn't like it, obviously.

Are you using a credit card or a visa debit? Did you speak to the card issuer? Have you had a fraud problem with the card? Did the card issuer decide something was fraudulent and did their own chargebacks which got Public swept in to it all? Did you get a new card? Is it only one Public account affected or all of your family accounts? Do they all use the same card?

Not talking this calendar year either. But one would think these events would have been recent.

Zakiya2009

But I’ll try your method later and let you know.

Zakiya2009

But they said, they had suspended because of the chargeback. Which is probably why I haven’t been able to login all day..?

Zakiya2009

I haven’t even disputed a single transaction probably this year, which is why I’m very confused. I guess I’ll just go the store when they open up and message them the details.

@Zakiya2009 

Once the system is back online. Clear cache and go incognito on your browser before login to your account.

There is a cache issue with the self serve account website.

Zakiya2009

I checked my banking. There was no chargeback, my entire familly has public mobile and it’s never happened. The CC is also on automatic payments. 

Zakiya2009

I haven’t been able to access all day

Zakiya2009

That’s the problem, I can’t even login and whenever I call *611, it says no available 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Zakiya2009 

You can purchase vouchers from these locations and login to your account or dial *611 and enter the voucher number:

IMG_0220.png

Or purchase an electronic voucher from recharge.ca.

But try manually enter your CC on your account to activate service.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just FYI also the system is down for nightly maintenance right now, so you won't be able to access your account for top-up.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Zakiya2009 did you make the charge back by mistake?? 

I guess you already reached out to PM support and hence you were given the solution to this situation, voucher.  Yes,  PM is a prepaid provider and really sensitive to charge back situation as there are others tried to take advantage by making a  charge back to enjoy one month of free service. You likely are not doing it on purpose, but you really have to work with support and explain the situation and hope they can agree on something with you. 

And Yes, vouchers for 12 months is usually the solution to put the account back on good credit. Again, you might be able to work out on another solution but you need to reply support and settle this with them

Need Help? Let's chat.