cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! 2 phones, 1 number? Porting?

Michael776
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On June 19th I switched from bell over to public mobile. I set up my new SIM and ported over my number. I thought everything was working fine until I noticed I wasn't receiving texts. I plugged my old bell sim into an old phone I had and all the texts showed up. So my public mobile sim will let me make calls/ receive calls and the bell sim will let me make/receive texts. This is a huge problem. I have numerous apps that require text verification codes and I can't receive them unless I have both phones on me. I just spoke with bell they told me that the number is still active under bell and that the porting request was cancelled by public mobile. I also ported over my brother's phone number as well. ( We were on a family plan). At this point I just need to my # to work wether that means going back to bell or staying with public. Can anyone please help me??

Thanks for Reading.

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Michael776 

The biggest mistake by new members that they didn’t reply to the text from they previous carrier confirming they are porting their number over to PM with YES with the old SIM in the phone…there is a 90 minute window to reply or porting will be cancelled.

This looks like your case. You will need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you but leave the Bell SIM in your phone as it is still active.

Once you confirm to the text, your Bell SIM will continue to work for about an hour until porting is completed then power off the phone then switch the SIM and power the phone back on.

@abtest  yes, I notice that.  it is a weird case that something can receive calls but text go back to the old Bell.  It could be iMessage but I don't think that is the problem .  I have messaged  OP the porting team number, hopefully porting team can confirm the porting status and can advise from there further

@abtest- Yes thanks. It's why I said something about usually it's calls and then wondered if it's an iphone.

abtest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech, @dust2dust - The OP indicated that they can make and receive calls on their PM SIM.  That means that the port was partially done (for calls), but somehow texts are still with Bell - or something like that.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Michael776 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls, wok  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.