cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grandfathered plans versus new plans

atmmarazzi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a grandfathered $40 3g plan with 5gb. I am looking to switch to the new LTE 15 GB plan also at $40.   According to plan details, the only difference I see is unlimited talk versus unlimited minutes in the new plan. Are these the same? And are there any other discernible differences between my existing grandfathered plan and the new LTE plans?

5 REPLIES 5

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Look closely at your current (grandfathered) plan - what exactly is included.

ALL plans above $15 have unlimited calls/SMS in/out. You might have unlimited USA calls if you care for those.

I would say, for the same money you will get Great deal if you switch!!! And if you need USA calls get free voip app having unlimited calls in North America.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

Disregard....

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@atmmarazzi  The only other possible difference could be that now you have unlimited calls to the US included, which is not included anymore.. but with all the free minutes given out over your time here and the better new plan definitely outweighs that..

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@atmmarazzi 

They are the same except the new $40 plan is 4G speed and has a lot more data, 15 GB.

Also if you change your plan right away, you you won't get your rewards applied to your payment this time around so it's best to schedule a future plan change. That way you'll get all your rewards applied.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@atmmarazzi wrote:

I have a grandfathered $40 3g plan with 5gb. I am looking to switch to the new LTE 15 GB plan also at $40.   According to plan details, the only difference I see is unlimited talk versus unlimited minutes in the new plan. Are these the same? And are there any other discernible differences between my existing grandfathered plan and the new LTE plans?

Unlimited talk and unlimited minutes is one in the same, @atmmarazzi 

On this plan, you'll get unlimited talk and text anywhere in Canada from anywhere in Canada.

You'll also get data at 4G speeds, vs PM's standard offering of a 3G speed.  

If you're looking for extra data, it's definitely the plan to switch to, and it may only be available for a limited time, so act fact.   If changing plans, be sure to select "Change on renewal" vs "immediate" plan change as you'll not get credited for any time remaining on the current plan if you switch immediately.

Need Help? Let's chat.