cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got billed after cancellation

raffi71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To whom it may concern,

We had 3 accounts with public mobile, we all switched at the same time to Telus mobile. All 3 of us got billed on january 6th and we were switched on january 7th. We never got back our refunds pro rated, we don't have access to our accounts anymore.

Please help us, it's about $100 for all 3 accounts that we paid , it's not fair.

Please let us know what to do in order to get reimbursed .

kind regards raffi 

11 REPLIES 11

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@raffi71 

This thread from RFD may be of interest to you.

The OP in that case submitted a CCTS complaint when a CS Agent told them they weren't going to receive a refund after they ported to Koodo without disabling auto-pay beforehand. The OP ended up receiving a credit (equal to their PM payment) on their Koodo account.

Since you ported to Telus, perhaps they can do the same for you.

@TooStinkenTrue wrote:

Respectfully @computergeek541 you always argue everything I say (quite literally on 90% of the replies I make) and never does your reply help anyone, it's only there to argue what I am saying.  Considering how I personally got set up with PublicMobile through a PublicMobile Kiosk, and had billing issues resolved this same way.... I know for a fact that they are able to help in person. I suggested Telus originally as this is @raffi71 new provider, if you read further, I continued by directing @raffi71 to PublicMobile if Telus (the parent company of PublicMobile) was unable to do anything. You are right to say that there is no over-the-phone option but please, stop contradicting everything I say. On some posts, you do this quite aggressively; and I've noticed this as a response to a fair share of individuals, not just myself. You should know that I, like everyone else here, am just sharing my experiences and what has worked for me in the past. 

@TooStinkenTrue unless you have a secondary account that you use in the in community I see that @computergeek541 has only responded to 12.5% (2 of 16 at this time) of your posts and they weren't arguing at all.  They were correcting the misinformation that you had provided.  So this does help the community by clearing up incorrect information.  The community is only as good as the information that gets provided.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TooStinkenTrue - please don't take @computergeek541 's feedback too personally. We've pretty much all have been corrected at one point or another.

Personally, I am grateful to be corrected when on point, as I don't want to lead anyone in the wrong direction.

What worked at one time, may not be valid today. Things change, and things can 'break', so that is why we are all here to help with the latest information on hand.  ☮️

TooStinkenTrue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Respectfully @computergeek541 you always argue everything I say (quite literally on 90% of the replies I make) and never does your reply help anyone, it's only there to argue what I am saying.  Considering how I personally got set up with PublicMobile through a PublicMobile Kiosk, and had billing issues resolved this same way.... I know for a fact that they are able to help in person. I suggested Telus originally as this is @raffi71 new provider, if you read further, I continued by directing @raffi71 to PublicMobile if Telus (the parent company of PublicMobile) was unable to do anything. You are right to say that there is no over-the-phone option but please, stop contradicting everything I say. On some posts, you do this quite aggressively; and I've noticed this as a response to a fair share of individuals, not just myself. You should know that I, like everyone else here, am just sharing my experiences and what has worked for me in the past. 

@TooStinkenTrue wrote:

As far as I am aware, PublicMobile belongs to Telus. I would print off the cancellation confirmation showing the date you canceled and the bills that they charged you (even if it's just a screenshot of your bank statement showing it *make sure to cut out your personal information*) and then bring both those to a Telus store in the mall... if they can't do anything about it, there are so many kiosks at the mall that carry PublicMobile now, they might be able to credit you! Best of luck!! 

Please be aware that there is no in-person, over the phone, or e-mail customer service provided for Public Mobile customers.  Please do not direct customer to Telus retail locations. The staff there cannot assist and do have access to Public Mobile customer account information.

TooStinkenTrue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As far as I am aware, PublicMobile belongs to Telus. I would print off the cancellation confirmation showing the date you canceled and the bills that they charged you (even if it's just a screenshot of your bank statement showing it *make sure to cut out your personal information*) and then bring both those to a Telus store in the mall... if they can't do anything about it, there are so many kiosks at the mall that carry PublicMobile now, they might be able to credit you! Best of luck!! 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This is common to prepaid providers. No pro-rating. Obviously in retrospect, you should have transferred out before the accounts renewed. So yes...hope for some goodwill. No guarantees.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@raffi71   PM doesn't prorate being a prepaid service, but since you've ported all the accounts to PM's parent company Telus, then you should ask customer support there if there's anything they can do for you, although there's no guarantees, of course.

edit:  nvd, see it's already been suggested.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@raffi71  You need support help , also if you ported out a day after billing they might not be able to help as it’s prepaid service if that’s the case .I’d  talk to Telus and explain to them what happened and maybe they can give you a credit in there end …assuming they knew you were coming from there sister company and asked about your renewal day so you didn’t loose out on any pre paid service 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@raffi71 

Public mobile does not pro-rate plans unfortunately.  It is a prepaid service.  

You could contact Telus and see whether the Telus service agent may be able to help.  Public mobile belongs to Telus group of companies. There might be some goodwill.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @raffi71   we are here just customers like you

But you can message CS agent and they will take care of the bill and will provide refund

please message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.