cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to Telus and keeping my phone number

Gingras_ol
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

My old plan was recently made unavailable and unfortunately, PM is not a good option for me anymore. I receive my mother's old iPhone 5 phone and I want to use it with Telus' prepaid 100$/year plan.

I went to a Telus store and when they were trying to transfer me, they said they couldn't because my phone was not available. However, my profile states that I have until April before I loose my phone number, so the phone number is still mine, it's just that my phone has no registered plan at the moment.

I went to a Koodo shop to know what to do and they told me to call PM (which is impossible I figured) and ask them to tempoparily activate my phone number so that Telus could transfer it.

Now I'm not so sure what to do. Can you please help me out?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

A phone number on a Public Mobile account with an expired plan cannot be ported out.  You will need to first resume service at Public Mobile.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Gingras_ol: You should be able to throw on a cheap PM plan just to let you transfer to Telus.

You can try asking the moderators via private message by clicking here and providing your email address, phone number and your request and see if there's anything they can do but I suspect you'll get told you need an active plan - doesn't hurt to ask though. 🙂

I might be wrong but I've always been under the assumption that switching carriers always requires an active account to switch from - no matter which carrier, this not being specific to PM.

Sounds as though you let your plan expire? Only numbers on active plans may be transferred.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Gingras_ol.  If your account and phone number are still active with Public Mobile, then you should be able to port it out.  If it's not working, please contact the moderators team.  They should be able to help.

Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.