cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to Europe Sept. Can I get add on for 2 weeks using my cell phone?

blues2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

11 REPLIES 11

@blues2 

You might want to get a bigger suitcase!

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Interesting. I thought there was an add on for Europe at one point. You know, you're right. I was looking at my Telus account on the weekend and mixed them up.

Unfortunately, for customers looking for such an option, Public Mobile has never offered roaming anywhere but the USA.   This goes back even before Public Mobile was purchased by Telus - roaming hasn't been an option there.

Once again, depending on where you're going, you should research cell service out there and confirm if your phone is unlocked and can be used there. That might be another hurdle. But if you download a VOIP program and use WiFi out there, there will be no problems. Best part is it's FREE!

Interesting. I thought there was an add on for Europe at one point. You know, you're right. I was looking at my Telus account on the weekend and mixed them up.

@blues2 wrote:

I went to add on's but shows only US. Where to find Europe add on? Suit case is small, won't fit.

Sorry, but there are none.

@blues2 wrote:

I went to add on's but shows only US. Where to find Europe add on? Suit case is small, won't fit.

@blues2  Get local data sim, THREE is a good one

or use travel eSIM, it is easy and fast to install 

blues2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

You can for sure purchase add-ons through the app on your phone.

Where are you going and do you have room in your suite case for me?

@blues2 

Sorry, but there are no add-ons that can be purchased from Public Mobile that can be used in Europe. Unfortuantely, the service will not work in any form there.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@blues2 , are you trying to use the service in Europe?  Public Mobile does not offer any roaming services other than USA.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@blues2 

sorry, no Europe roaming for PM

You will need to use local prepaid data sim cas well as free VoIP app like Textnow for calls

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

EDIT:  XXXXYou can for sure purchase add-ons through the app on your phone.XXX

Sorry I was looking at my Telus account this weekend and mixed them up. My fault. But the ideas below are good too.

Where are you going and do you have room in your suitcase for me?

However, also depending on where you're going, purchasing a cheap SIM card while you're there might be a more affordable option. You may wish to do your research here before you go. 

Another option is to download a VOIP program like TextNow or Fongo and just use WiFi there. With TextNow you can get a local number to where you are and you can call back to Canada and text as well. With Fongo it's just calling no texting.

Need Help? Let's chat.