cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost calls

Nancy22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone calls a number (778-580-4001) every day once or twice, duration 4-7 seconds but sometimes more, once for 51 sec. This does not appear on the list of outgoing calls on my phone; I just discovered it by going into my Public Mobile usage history. It has been going on since at least early July and seems to occur every day but not on weekends. Is my phone hacked? What should I do? Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

@Nancy22 

Unfortunately, we all get spam calls.

If you block numbers, it will go to your voicemail box but the chance are the numbers are spoofed.

Better to ignore the call and not go to your voicemail box.

Nancy22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, that's reassuring. I guess the regularity of these calls means that my phone number has got into some robocall system that I just have to live with. In addition, I get a spam call every day or two (from a new number) that rings and I ignore (and then block) - these don't appear on the voice mail number and vice versa. Pretty weird.

@not-trust-anyon wrote:

@computergeek541 

so why you moved my poster?

Your post simply repeated two other people.

noaccountpls
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don’t know how to delete my post 

noaccountpls

I agree I will delete my post now

@noaccountpls wrote:

You can try resetting your phone as new it could be a bug in your phone’s operating system. Or spyware from an app installed a your phone. 

Please see my response above. Resetting the phone will nto help for this situation. There isn't actually anything to fix.

noaccountpls

@Nancy22 
You can try resetting your phone as new it could be a bug in your phone’s operating system. Or spyware from an app installed a your phone. 

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Nancy22 

Have you been calling your voicemail?

That is the number for PM voicemail.

Callng your voicemail would result in an entry in the phone's call log to that number.  @Nancy22 Those calls from when someone calls you but gets sent to voicemail. They're not really outgoing calls. It's just the way Public Mobile records this type of activity.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Nancy22 

Have you been calling your voice mailbox or voicemail left in your voicemail box?

That is the number for PM voicemail.

Need Help? Let's chat.