cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting refund

Satindra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
2 months passed since I switched from Publicmobile to another carrier. A full one month's credit to be refunded as promised by Public mobile. This is very unfortunate. It damages Public mobile's credibility
12 REPLIES 12

Are you porting in from a landline or VoIP service?  These will take longer than cellular phone ports.

If you've already contacted the moderators via private message (it's the only way), they will get to you in turn, as it's all handled first come, first serve.

Jencho
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why is it taking 8 days to port a telephone number?

I have email moderator, the answer I have received is still looking into it.

Awesome - thanks for the response, @Jeremy_M!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@7789849803

I agree 100%, I've addressed this with the team this morning:)

@Jeremy_M I'm concerned about the text of the email that @Satindra has shared on this thread. PM staff seems to be indicating in their emails that refunds are an option, which is directly in conflict with the no refunds policy as has always been stated in this community (and as you just said, the service terms also back this up). Would you please take steps to ensure that email customers are not misinformed again in the future?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Satindra,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're leaving us. As the others have mentioned is there a particular reason as to why you're leaving us? 

I also wanted to top-off on the other comments in this thread and let you know that Public Mobile does not offer any refunds as stated in our service terms -Click here to view

Again, truly sorry to hear that you're leaving us. If you can share your experience with us to improve our services it would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Cheers,

Jeremy

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @Satindra

The way I understand that email is this:

• The account has been deactivated.

• In order to do a refund the account must be active

• Since the account is deactivated because of the port out, then they can't do a refund.

Im just curious, what made you decide to go to another company?

I am not trying to convince you of anything, I am just a user as you, I am just curious.

Thank you,

JL

samgabbay
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Might want to speak to the Higher-Ups

Satindra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Satindra,
Thank you for your reply and I will be glad to give you an update.

However, looking through your account details and I saw that account was deactivated on March 8th due to the port-out of your phone number

n order to do the refund, the account needs to be active because the department in charge transfer the funds from the account to the credit card. In that case, they didn’t had the time to treat the demand or process the refund.

I am truly sorry for all the inconveniences.

If you have other questions, don’t hesitate to join our online Community today and get the help you need; or help your peers and get some rewards.

Together, life has never been this easy.
Best regards,

@Satindra Prepaid carriers never give credit back, especially not if you're porting your number out. You must be mistaken.

Hi. Yes, I'm surprised as well.

PM is a Prepaid Carrier, Prepaid never do refunds.

Whoever told you must have been in error, unless PM higher ups gave the Green light.

Hopefully you enjoy your services with your new carrier

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

PM is a prepaid service so there can be no refunds. Who promised you one?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.