cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting less data than what i paid for

Rlightning15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent Hi, ive been a member for a couple months now, but last month PM gave me a 95% heads up when my phone said i had only used half my plan ( plan is 1g / month ) so i waited and it did it again this month so i went on my PM account where it said i had used 1G but my history says 500mb instead. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Rlightning15

Thank you for all your help!

@stonechucker wrote:

@Rlightning15, as you're on an Android device, I strongly recommend you get Data Witness PM from the Google Play store.

It's an app created by Public Mobile user @IWIK, specifically for 30 and 90-day cycles.  Easy to use, and setup.

I was going to say exactly that when I saw the android usage meter set to start counting at the beginning of the month.  With a 30 day cycle, the chances of a renewal cycle starting at the beginning of the month is 1 on 31 which is pretty low.  The cycle is only 30 days, not 31.  

@Rlightning15, as you're on an Android device, I strongly recommend you get Data Witness PM from the Google Play store.

It's an app created by Public Mobile user @IWIK, specifically for 30 and 90-day cycles.  Easy to use, and setup.

sswilson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The "PM Data Meter" you're looking for would the the Data Usage record on your monthly bill. I did a quick calculation on the numbers shown before mods took the images down and came up with at least 800MB.

I believe one of the issues you're running into is that PM plans are based on 30 days, while data settings in android are based on months with a single fixed start date. I noticed your billing cycle started on the 29'th while your android settings didn't start until the 1'st.

Because of the discrepency between 30 day vice android fixed date settings it's important to reset your android settings every month to reflect the actual start date of your billing cycle, especially if your monthly data usage is close to your plan's maximum use.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Rlightning15

Hi there! Hope you're doing well! 

Due to personal information (phone numbers) found in your screenshots, we had to edit your post for security reasons and remove them. 

You can send this kind of information in private messages only. 

Thank you much for your understanding! 

Rlightning15

Screenshot_20180808-090003.png

Screenshot_20180808-090018.png

Screenshot_20180808-084654.png

Heres some screenshots, exactly 626mb sorry if its messy. Also the screenshot on its side is a duplicate i couldnt delete I couldn't find PMs data meter though if you tell me how to find it again ill post that too ☺

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It has been a while since seeing another complaint about the data meter being inaccurate.  Rest assured the data meter is legal tender.  Good luck with arguing this and making it stick. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Rlightning15 So you're saying that on the Overview page you see that 1GB is almost used up but in history it shows you only used 500mb? It can't be. Is it possible for you to post screenshots? If you do, be sure to remove any personal info. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rlightning15

The data usage always differet from carrier.  I don't know what you can do about it..

With the large difference between the plan amount and the actual amount, your account may be configured wrong as 500MB instead of 1GB data.

But you can send a private message to moderator team for help.

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.