cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting charged more than supposed to

kzhaksyl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on a $30 per month plan, but realize I keep getting charged $29.38 even though I have $4 worth of rewards (I should be getting charged $26). The sketchy part is that on my bank statement it says PUBLIC MOBILE BC. Is it charging me more because it thinks I'm in BC and not ON? Unless there is a tax? 

Would appreciate some help. 

Edit: I have since been told there is a tax, thank you. Got confused there for a second.

9 REPLIES 9

@AE_Collector , according to official corporate filings in sedar, Telus head office address 510 W. Georgia St. 23rd Floor, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6B 0M3.  The principle regulator is British Columbia.  

Odd that it says Public Mobile BC on the statement. While the TELUS HQ IS in BC, I believe that PM is officially HQ’d in Toronto. 

AE_Collector

@gblackma 

I used to be on$30 plan at one point, but most likely it is promo

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kzhaksyl  Tax man needs to get paid too. Payment history does not include the tax but you cc statement does and that's why the amounts are different.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@kzhaksyl  its $26 + 13% applicable taxes =  $29.38. What's the $30 plan? Is it the $40 plan less the 8 month $10 Lunar promotion credit?  Thanks.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kzhaksyl Yes there is a tax on your bank statement it’s just telling you that public office is in BC

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@kzhaksyl Yes, taxes...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kzhaksyl , there is tax assessed on all charges.  The numbers you see in the self serve are all before tax numbers.  

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @kzhaksyl 

You are also charged tax.

Tax depends on the area code of your number

Need Help? Let's chat.