cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting charged but have no account

Crystal12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I canceled my account in November, 2022 but I just got a charge in February, 2023. Why?

9 REPLIES 9

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Most likely you had autopay and credit card stayed recorded somewhere on PM system.

If you ported out your number your account should be already deleted but sometimes it glithes.

ChatMichaels98

hope everything is alright

Do you recall replying “yes” to the port authorization request and do all your calling  features continue to work with the other provider?

Are you still able to log into your public mobile Self serve account, and if so, what does the status display as?

EDIT: was it possible you may have been on a 90 day grandfathered plan with public mobile? That would be the only way I could understand why charges would have been three months apart - unless you had two cycles worth of funds sitting in your available balance to draw upon for the prior 2  30-day  cycle renewals.

In this case you definitely want to talk to support for a refund porting your number will automatically close account 

Crystal12

It was ported to another provider 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Crystal12 

The only other way I am aware that one might ‘cancel’ their account (other than that outlined by @esjliv) is if a specific request is made to the customer support agents to terminate the account.

If that was done, hopefully you took a screenshot of their reply, acknowledging same for your record.

Otherwise, if a form of payment is still attached and enabled on the account, there’s no way for public mobile to know your intent is to no longer receive services.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Crystal12 - how did you cancel your account?

The only way you can cancel an account is if you have been in nonpay/suspended status for over 90 days, or ported your Public Mobile number to another provider....then you lost your Public Mobile account, phone number, and access to My Account.

Did you do either of these above? If not, then your payment details would still be attached to the account and would still get charged.

Otherwise, see other members posts.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Crystal12   you got charged all along? or PM stopped charging and just charged again in Feb?

either way, please open ticket with PM support using direct message and demand a refund:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Crystal12  You need support for a refund is your owed 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.