cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting back my old Public Mobile number

hai5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My account was deactivated a few months ago and I lost my old phone number. I want to be able to get that old number back but there doesn't seem to be an option that works. When I ask to change numbers I am given the message that the number is invalid. Is there a way I can get back my old phone number?

4 REPLIES 4

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Once you lose your number it eventually gets into a pool of available numbers. Do not know if it is shared with other providers or stays with PM.

You can get new number and then regularly check for available numbers and if extremely lucky see your old number and pick it up. You can change your number 4 times/30 days.

Or you can talk to the agent to see if they can somehow help you out if they have access to more available numbers.

@hai5 wrote:

The number was from Public Mobile, and to my knowledge it is currently not in use. Every time I have tried calling to my old number it has been disconnected.

Is there nothing that can be done even though the number is currently not in use, and was a number that I used with Public Mobile?

You can ask a CSA but they might say no. Nobody here can help you because only a CSA can go into your account.

hai5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The number was from Public Mobile, and to my knowledge it is currently not in use. Every time I have tried calling to my old number it has been disconnected.

Is there nothing that can be done even though the number is currently not in use, and was a number that I used with Public Mobile?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@hai5 wrote:

Hello,

My account was deactivated a few months ago and I lost my old phone number. I want to be able to get that old number back but there doesn't seem to be an option that works. When I ask to change numbers I am given the message that the number is invalid. Is there a way I can get back my old phone number?

You need to get a new phone number.  There's are no options to look for a custom number. When an account is deactivated, you lose the phone number.  If the number was from another carrier, you can try getting it back from them and porting it back, but if someone is already using it, it's gone forever.  

Need Help? Let's chat.