cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a new number

davidcc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When activating sim card I chose to keep my old number but now I decided to get a new number. How do I do it???

11 REPLIES 11

eddiehuang33

I think that might be a problem with the dealer, maybe try contacting them and it might help?

@Wonderland13 wrote:

When I got my phone plan switched I went to Telus and they had public mobile SIM cards there and set everything up. If OP goes there or to a public mobile kiosk they can switch the number for them.

This sounds to me that you went to a Telus dealer who is also an authorized Public Moble retailer and activated there. @davidcc has already activated the Public Mobile service. That being the case, retail locations cannot assist. Customer service is provided online and retail stores are not equipped to provide customer support.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@davidcc 

If your port of your old number completed and all of your services are working then just go to the change number feature in your self serve account and choose a new number. To pull up number options choose between two local areas to continue to get different sets to choose from.

If your port has not completed ....try to complete it if possible as this will close your former provider's account (unless you don't want it closed.) Then proceed to change your phone number as above.

You may change your phone number up to 4 times per 30 days.

@Wonderland13 wrote:

When I got my phone plan switched I went to Telus and they had public mobile SIM cards there and set everything up. If OP goes there or to a public mobile kiosk they can switch the number for them.

You were lucky, most Telus store won't help with PM issue.  I went to couple Telus stores, they didn't even have PM SIM to sell.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davidcc 

you choose to keep your old number but now When activating you decided to get a new number for a Temporary and you need to contact customer service by Moderator Team, to do Transfer your old number ,
i hope that what are you mean if that you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

or if you want to Changing Your Number After Activation

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change or transfer your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account Here and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number

Good Luck

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@davidcc   did the porting complete?

If already completed, you can go to My Account and Change Phone number, but keep in mind that the number you ported into PM would then be gone and you won't get it back.

E-MyAcc-ChangePhoneNum.png

If porting not completed and you have NOT reply a YES to the SMS from the old carrier, you can simply reply NO to it and the porting would be cancelled.    You might then try to go to My Account to see if Change number would work as well for picking a new number.   

Wonderland13

@Wonderland13   what you meant by going to Telus for this?  OP could stay in PM and still got the number changed

Wonderland13

You could try going to Telus since Public Mobile is part of their network. That’s where I got my number changed.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@davidcc wrote:

When activating sim card I chose to keep my old number but now I decided to get a new number. How do I do it???

Hello @davidcc ,

You can change your phone number 4 times a month if you like here at Public Mobile.

Go to your Self Serve, under the My Profile section and choose Change Number.

Register for a Self Serve account link here, if you have not already: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Need Help? Let's chat.