cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting HSPA+ after weekend storm

AJ72
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi:

I live in the Toronto east end (Kingston Road/Port Union Road) area with a big Telus tower. After this past Saturday's storm, my phone data signal is showing as H/H+. I have opened Network Cell Info Lite and it confirms this. I have done airplane mode on/off, rebooted my phone etc. but result is the same. I went to the Lawrence/Morningside area on Sunday and my phone data signal showed 4G/LTE there, so that's telling me that there's something up with the tower(s) in my home area. 

Anyone have similar experience? Any suggestions. Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

AJ72

@softech wrote:

@AJ72  sound like your device is good than and still just your location.   It's possible a bit longer if the network equipment was damaged by the storm.   Hang on to it.  

Yes @softech it seems to be my location, so not a big concern as voice calls/SMS are ok, and I use wifi at home anyways. At other locations I'm getting the regular 4G/LTE speeds. Thanks.

AJ72

@softech wrote:

@AJ72   has the network in your area back to normal?

@softech - Voice calls and SMS are ok, but data is still at H/H+, not a big concern though.

@AJ72  sound like your device is good than and still just your location.   It's possible a bit longer if the network equipment was damaged by the storm.   Hang on to it.  

AJ72

It's working but it's slow at H/H+ speeds. I don't have a spare phone to test. I didn't do a network reset since it's working at 4G/LTE speed at other locations.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AJ72   has the network in your area back to normal?

@JL9 wrote:

Do you have one of the old 4G/LTE plans with PM?

The plan that the customer is on doesn't effect the types of networks that can be connected to.  With a compatible phone, all Public Mobile custoems have access to both the HSPA and LTE networks.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Do you have one of the old 4G/LTE plans with PM?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AJ72 

I suggest you wait until telus fixes the damage to your local tower from the storm. Then it will be back to normal. Unless you want to pitch in and lend a hand?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@AJ72  - is your data working okay though?

If not, can you try your SIM card into another compatible phone, to see if data work then?

Or, did you try to perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AJ72   Definitely possible after a storm.  It is a big one in the GTA area and many houses still have no power even now.

I suspect if you go around the city, you might have better service in LTE.   Just monitor in the coming week and see if your LTE will come back in your area

FYI, according to Telus outage page https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages  , it is still an Active Outage in Southeast Canada.    So, the issue is widespread and not just your particular area.  TELUS is definitely aware of it and working on it

Need Help? Let's chat.