Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the exclusive offer from kodoo.

piggykiller
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Very interested.

PM suggests me to switch to koddo.

for me couriousness, PM is going to discountine?

Public Mobile here with an exclusive offer for you. For an additional $10/month, upgrade to unlimited nation-wide minutes and get another 1GB of data at Koodo! That means you can get 5GB and unlimited nation-wide minutes for only $50/month on a Koodo monthly bill! Plus, you may be eligible for a $0 smartphone on Tab! Offer valid for only. Offer ends October 2nd, 2017. Visit your nearest Koodo location at 5000 Highway 7 East  Unit Z105 and show promo code  You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

9 REPLIES 9

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am,

Yes, the PM community forum is nice. I enjoy it a lot. 🙂

@srlawren wrote:

@Michael77 sadly, I don't see that price point coming back any time soon, in my humble opinion. I think PM turned a new leaf when they increased the 4G plans and introduced the new "3G" (aka throttled) plans, and I'm not sure there's any going back.  Sadly.

@will13am I'm guessing they are doing these in batches so as to not overwhelm Koodo with excited PM customers bursting to switch over!  😉  In all seriousness though, it does appear to be in batches, I'd say two so far.  I wasn't in the first one either, but got the text about a week or so ago (I think, give or take a few days).  I noticed there was a spike in postings about receiving the offer at that same time.  I have no idea what the criteria might be for segmenting or prioritizing, or if it's even random, alphabetical, based on activation date, who know.  I'm *guessing* there may be some more complex analytics behind it, analyzing usage, spend, likelihood of needing or willingness to pay for the extra data and LD, maybe how often your IMEI changes (so they can guess how likely you would be to want the tab feature), etc.  But I really have no idea and this is purely speculation.

I'm guessing that there will be more batches to come, and that you will probably be included in a future one at some date.  

I am joking about leaving for Koodo.  I want to spend less, not more.  I like this community as well as the great support from the moderator team.  Have you ever talk to a Koodo agent, getting a hold of one is like watching grass grow.  I doubt the Koodo community forum has the same camaraderie as this forum.

Still no offer for me... but I'm not data hungry, or calling long distance to other provinces.  I'm really not expecting to get it.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Michael77 sadly, I don't see that price point coming back any time soon, in my humble opinion. I think PM turned a new leaf when they increased the 4G plans and introduced the new "3G" (aka throttled) plans, and I'm not sure there's any going back.  Sadly.

@will13am I'm guessing they are doing these in batches so as to not overwhelm Koodo with excited PM customers bursting to switch over!  😉  In all seriousness though, it does appear to be in batches, I'd say two so far.  I wasn't in the first one either, but got the text about a week or so ago (I think, give or take a few days).  I noticed there was a spike in postings about receiving the offer at that same time.  I have no idea what the criteria might be for segmenting or prioritizing, or if it's even random, alphabetical, based on activation date, who know.  I'm *guessing* there may be some more complex analytics behind it, analyzing usage, spend, likelihood of needing or willingness to pay for the extra data and LD, maybe how often your IMEI changes (so they can guess how likely you would be to want the tab feature), etc.  But I really have no idea and this is purely speculation.

I'm guessing that there will be more batches to come, and that you will probably be included in a future one at some date.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@will13am I haven't gotten it yet. I haven't even received texts for surveysRobot Sad

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Am I the only one not getting this offer?  I have heard annecdotal information that perhaps usage profile affects whether the offer will be provided or not.  I have several accounts in the family all with different usage profiles.  Still shut out so far.  Robot Sad

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren,

Do you think we will ever see another promotion from PM? Do you think FM scared PM? It sure seems like it to me. What are your thoughts?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@piggykiller PM isn't going anywhere; this is just a way for Telus to offer up a few extras to those whom desire it, at the benefit of the ARPU.  It could be a win-win, for some.

Some other threads on this you may want to peruse:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Received-an-text-msg-from-pm-for-koodo-5g...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/koodo-deal/td-p/184015

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Why-not-switch-to-Koodo/td-p/184628

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Other customers have got this text. It doesnt really mean that PM is closing, its just a move by (Telus) to get you to switch, so you pay more (increase ARPU).

If you need the extra 1GB of data, and store support it could be an option for you. Just need to weigh the benefits and drawbacks of switching.

Need Help? Let's chat.