cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get my old number that lost in June

Dennis123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am wondering if it is possible to get my old number back because I didnt continue the service with PM in June(due to travel). My number was lost. If I want to start using PM again, is it possible to get the old number back? afaik, the number is not in service yet.

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

Dennis123

thanks! ima contact a mod

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dunkman wrote:

@Dennis123

It is good to know that the number is in Telus database.  When you activate your public mobile number (with new SIM card), you can request new number and keep searching the database and hopefully, you will find your old number.  

If I remember correctly, it shows about 4-5 numbers per screen, but you can refresh screens and keep searching.  NOt sure if the website will time you out if you search for too long....   worth a shot.....

There is also an option when you select your number to customize the last 4 digits. If you try that, it should narrow down your search

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dennis123 wrote:

its actually ported from Speakout few years ago. Since speakout belongs to Rogers, I ask Rogers on live chat. They checked the number and said the number is still on Telus (which means PM i guess)

Your PM account has not been canceled yet.  Cancel number will be back to Rogers.

Double check by login your account.  If it is suspended, send a private message to moderator to reactivate your account.

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Dennis123

It is good to know that the number is in Telus database.  When you activate your public mobile number (with new SIM card), you can request new number and keep searching the database and hopefully, you will find your old number.  

If I remember correctly, it shows about 4-5 numbers per screen, but you can refresh screens and keep searching.  NOt sure if the website will time you out if you search for too long....   worth a shot.....

Dennis123

it passed the 90 days. they deleted my account on that.

it happened like this

since I wasnt in Canada for a long time, I decided to pay the service on the exact 90th day after I didnt pay. I thought the deadline would be like 11:59pm on the 90th day but it wasnt like that, so they deleted my account and everything.

I only want my old number back:( please help

Dennis123

its actually ported from Speakout few years ago. Since speakout belongs to Rogers, I ask Rogers on live chat. They checked the number and said the number is still on Telus (which means PM i guess)

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dennis123has it been 90 days since your service ended? if it has been less than 90 days you could loginto your old account and reactivate the number. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This site can be used to check number ownership.

https://www.searchbug.com/tools/landline-or-cellphone.aspx

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Dennis123, was the number originally assigned via Public Mobile, or was it ported in from another carrier?  If it was from another carrier, you'd have to start there.

If it was PM, then if it's available, during activation of your sim, you can search for the number.  Please note, this is the only time in the process that you can request a specific number.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Maybe. Good question

To resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 day/weeks but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

Need Help? Let's chat.