cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A90

Sheyjang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, I buy a new phone (Samsung Galaxy A90) online at the Samsung website. 
Can you tell me why you do not support a Samsung Galaxy A90.   This is a brand new phone  

9 REPLIES 9

@srlawren wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

More important than the phone being on the compatibilities checker's list are the frequency and network types. A phone must have at least HSPA 850 (band 5) or 1900MHz (band 2) to work for voice.

@computergeek541 it's not really an "OR" here, it's an "AND".  Technically you could get by with one or the other in some areas but for best coverage you need both these UMTA/W-CMDA frequencies (850MHz and 1900MHz)

I used "or" because it could work as you were saying with one.  There is also an increased possibility that there could be no signal. I believe that I have read about the lack of one or the other completely in some regions.

@popping  the missing refers to the A90 not your post.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

More important than the phone being on the compatibilities checker's list are the frequency and network types. A phone must have at least HSPA 850 (band 5) or 1900MHz (band 2) to work for voice.

@computergeek541 it's not really an "OR" here, it's an "AND".  Technically you could get by with one or the other in some areas but for best coverage you need both these UMTA/W-CMDA frequencies (850MHz and 1900MHz)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping

@geopublic wrote:

@popping wrote:

PM Network Frequencies.JPG

4G/LTE: B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1), B5 (850), B7 (2600) missing 1900Mhz and 700Mhz

HSPA: B2 (1900), B5 (850)

That is a screenshot from SIMon.  What do you means by missing 1900Mhz and 700Mhz.

These 2 frequencies are shown on the screenshot.

@popping wrote:

Edit: The A90 supports the following bands:

4G/LTE: B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1), B5 (850), B7 (2600) missing 1900Mhz and 700Mhz

HSPA: B2 (1900), B5 (850)

@Sheyjang wrote:

Hi everyone, I buy a new phone (Samsung Galaxy A90) online at the Samsung website. 
Can you tell me why you do not support a Samsung Galaxy A90.   This is a brand new phone  

Public Mobile does not approve or dissaprove phones for use here. The conpatibility checker is ony meant as a guideline.  A phone can be compatible but not on the list.

popping

@Sheyjang wrote:

Agree.  It is so new that it is not listed on https://www.samsung.com/ca/

Check the frequency bands it supports against the bands used by PM.

Please note that PM uses 3G for phone calls.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sheyjang  Not sure what Samsung website it was but it couldn't be the Canadian website since that phone is not available. According to the specs that phone will work on 3G but is missing some of the 4G bands to have complete coverage.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It should be compatible with PM if it is the global version.

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a80-9659.php

Need Help? Let's chat.