cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrations activating

Tydnew
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My family switched all four phones from Bell to Public Mobile.
Three of four received texts to activate the port.
I didn't.
I called Bell this morning and they told me I had to call Public Mobile to have the port request resent, but there is no way to phone Public Mobile and request this.
How do I do this???
HELP!

14 REPLIES 14

@z2301z porting in PM??

you have to call PM porting team and retrigger the process.  I will message you the number.  Please check your Community inbox on top right 

z2301z

I am sorry to bother you but I am in a similar boat. The port request expired and Bell will not continue to port my number over.

@AWalker   if  you are porting out, make sure you are not blocking PM short codes (611 , 4911, etc).  If you still unable to receive the text to authorize the porting out, please open ticket using this direct link:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our Customer Support Agents who will be able to assist you.

@AWalker   I will message you the Porting team number.     Please check the Community inbox , top right envelope icon.

AWalker

Can I get this elusive phone number too?  Tried activating friday and still no text to confirm and I've called Telus and they said I have to "re-send" the request to activate.  Tried re-activating and it says the PM sin is invalid...maybe because it's activated but not activated???

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Tydnew 

It maybe too late but I hope you used a referral code for a $10 discount off your 2nd month bill.

That would be $40 off your August bill.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Tydnew 

Sounds like you left the Bell SIM on the 3 family phones and you put the PM SIM in your phone.

Things happen…glad that the re-porting process will restarted again.

Welcome to PM and you will see the big savings on your cell phone bill.

Yes, you need your Bell SIM in the phone.

if you missed the Bell SMS again, call the PM porting team again and they can re-trigger the process. 

Actually, it's fast.  If you have the old sim in the phone ready, when you call the team, they said they re-triggered, you should get the SMS within a minute.

Tydnew

Thanks so much for that number!

Tydnew

Thanks!  I did call and they resent the port request, but still the text did not come (as it did with the other three phones).  (And yes, powered down and back up.  Still no text.  But I did get an email again telling me to respond to the text!)
Was told to call Bell back.  I requested they do it via phone, and I think they have.
Not sure how I'll know for sure.  They said it should take 30 minutes.
We did the same process with all four phones.  It's just this one that was a problem.
(No one told me to put the old SIM back in the phone.  The new PM one is in the phone.  Hope that doesn't cause a problem.)  

Just call the number @Dunkman  sent you.  It's porting team and they can re-trigger the SMS.  Make sure you have your Old SIM in your phone.  Once you reply the text, it should complete within 30 mins to 2 hours.

@Tydnew 

The Telus porting team number also handles the ports for Public mobile.  You can use this phone number so Public mobile (ie. Telus) can resend request for port from Bell.  Otherwise, you can also contact moderator via private messaging/ticketing system, but that will take more time.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Tydnew 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  

I will private message you the phone number for Telus porting team which handles PM ports also.  Only used for porting issues.  Check your inbox.  Envelope icon on right upper corner of this website. 

Tydnew

I need an answer to this too!
Three of four of us received our porting text.  I didn't.
Bell said I had to call the new service provider (Public Mobile) to have the port request resent.  The doesn't seem to be a way to do this, and I'm just getting more and more frustrated with the chatbot.
Does anyone have an answer?

Need Help? Let's chat.