cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From 3G to 4G upgrade

Yamadasan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a new 4G subscription and my iPhone SE 2nd gen is stuck on 3G. How do I setup my iPhone to access my 4G subscription.

9 REPLIES 9

Yamadasan

Thank you so much ! Using LTE gives me 4G speed

@Yamadasan   Set it to LTE which is the same as 4G in this case, as  @Jedi1 said.

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Select LTE in your settings.  You should get the 4G speed on this setting.  My son has the same phone. 

Yamadasan

I tried to reboot and it still shows 3G

Yamadasan

I am currently on the 4G plan and on my settings it only shows the 2 options LTE or 3G

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Yamadasan  If you go to settings - cellular - cellular data options - voice and data, what does it say there?

OK. Another question would be, are you currently on the 4G plan or is it pending change on the next billing cycle?

Also, the area you're in may have weak signal to get the 4G. Which is odd but still can happen. What happens if you go outside?

Yamadasan

Still stuck on 3G. Thank you for the reply

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Yamadasan 

I too have the iPhone SE 2020. Just go into network settings and choose Public Mobile as your provider and reboot. It should show 4G. However, if you're out of 4G range and 3G is only available, it may show that.

iPhone - Settings - Network Settings - turn off automatic and choose Public Mobile - Then reboot.

Need Help? Let's chat.