cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend not receiving award for my activation.

expatpapa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently (Jan 19th) activated PM accounts for my self & my wife using a friend’s code for both. There was a problem with the activation & our numbers were not ported correctly, which has now been resolved. My friend never received his awards for our activations.

19 REPLIES 19

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@expatpapa 

So you activated your pm accounts on January 19th it was just the porting in of your phone numbers that was delayed. An important distinction as it puts both of your account's under the old rewards system not the new points system which is much less rewarding. Just thought I would point that out. Stick with rewards.

Since neither of your account's recieved the $10 bonus credit nor your friend the 2×$1 reward then you fell victim to the glitch that started to occur about 6 or 7 months ago that despite entering the correct referral code at activation it simply does not register on the account. As you have already contacted customer support to rectify the situation your friend will see the 2×$1 rewards added to their rewards account immediately after the referral code is added to your two accounts. The $10 bonus referral credits will appear in your account's within 72 hours but likely the next day.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@BKNS27   Not both.  PM would like to ONLY the referee open ticket with PM

From our friend S-S  ( Simple-Simon):

hTideGnow_0-1645756335519.png

@esjliv 

I guess the CS_Agent will know who the referrer code belongs to. 
Just covering all bases incase the referrer doesn’t get their reward.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@expatpapa 

Both you and your friend should contact a CS_Agent to help rectify your issue.

@BKNS27 - when a referral code is missing or has not been applied properly, it is the referee who should be contacting CSA, not the referrer.

@hTideGnowThank you very much for reminder!

expatpapa

Hi

No, did not get $10 credit. I can’t recall if I clicked add button, but regardless, the phones weren’t even activated. It took another 3 weeks for the problem to be resolved. I’m thinking that was the issue. I have taken it up with moderator today.

@Meow wrote:

Meow_0-1645725084286.png

@Meow   these info is now on My Rewards, you need to update your image  🙂

expatpapa

Yes, thanks. Have done today.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@expatpapa : Still no update from you on whether you both got the $10 credit. Did you click the Add button when you entered the referral code? If so did it give any indication of being successfully entered...if you recall of course.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@expatpapa 

Both you and your friend should contact a CS_Agent to help rectify your issue.

expatpapa

Hi

No, nothing like that received. He is familiar with the system, as has had several rewards in the past.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Ask your friend if he sees something like this on his account:

Meow_0-1645725084286.png

if not then referral code was not properly applied.

@expatpapa 

Check with your friend’s referral code. Sometimes the zero is put in with an “O”…common mistake.

expatpapa

Thank you for the response. I have submitted a ticket to moderator to try & resolve.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @expatpapa   You see the $1 extra from referring your friend on My Rewards site?  With or without porting issue, your friend should see the $10 within 72 hours

Have your friend to open ticket with PM support.  Click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. Type: My rewards are missing,
  2. click on "Refer A friend",
  3. click on "Yes, I'm the referred customer',
  4. click "Click here to submit a ticket" .
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@expatpapa 

Your friend can also check their Self Serve account under My Rewards and they should get $1 off/phone number referred with last 4 digit and you & your wife should have got $10 credit in your account.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@expatpapa  Well really you should have used your friends referral code for just one account than used that account's referral code for the second account so you would have collected savings. Unfortunately to late for that now.

As for your friend. When you used the referral code to sign up. Did your friend get a "Caching text"?.. Has your friend logged into their reward section to see if there is anything displayed next to referral reward?...not sure if he is on old reward system or new points system. Old rewards he would get $1 per account he referred and point system would be 1 point per referral. They don't get that instantly. It displays under the reward section until it is their renewal then the system credits it.

As for you n your wife you'll get a $10. signup bonus each. It takes up to 72 hours from activation for it to be credited to your account.

Check with your friend if they got a text or are the rewards. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

But did YOU both get a $10 credit? If so then a valid referral code was entered. If not then not.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@expatpapa 

Your friend will need to contact a CS_Agent explaining the problem. They can contact them by private messaging on top of this page or the Chat button on the bottom right of this page and type in Create a Ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.