cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend Referral not working

Gr8Service99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Community,

Me and a few friends of mine love all the discounts with Public Mobile, we take every opportunity to save money with this wonderful new company (new to us).

I had a friend switch to Public Mobile in December 2021, during a special discount period, and had them enter the unique 6 character referral code, xxxxxxxxxxxx, from my account into their sign-up form, hoping for a discount. Unfortunately, the friend referral discount was never received. We cannot call customer support, we are left here losing our opportunity for a precious discount! Can anyone help?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Gr8Service99 wrote:

Hello Community,

Me and a few friends of mine love all the discounts with Public Mobile, we take every opportunity to save money with this wonderful new company (new to us).

I had a friend switch to Public Mobile in December 2021, during a special discount period, and had them enter the unique 6 character referral code, ------, from my account into their sign-up form, hoping for a discount. Unfortunately, the friend referral discount was never received. We cannot call customer support, we are left here losing our opportunity for a precious discount! Can anyone help?

Thanks.

@Gr8Service99 

So, if your friend used your referral code, then you should be seeing the last four digits of their number(s) in this area.

Go on your SELF SERVE account, choose the MY Rewards button.

Then by clicking on the arrow pointing to the right, which will open up the list and the arrow will then point down.

Rewards referral list:

esjliv_0-1598444864917.png

IF you don't see the phone number listed, then they entered the code incorrectly or something did not apply right.

Your friends are the one that will need to submit a ticket to Customer Support (CSA).

Then can reach them by two methods found here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Gr8Service99 

Sharing your referral code on the public forum is not cool.

Click the down arrow on the upper right of your message and please immediately edit out that number.

EDIT:  your friend will have to contact customer support.   The best way to share your code with friends is to copy and paste it into a document (or via SMS), and ask them to copy and paste that into the activation field where it's to be entered.   If they attempt to decipher the characters there will likely be errors between the Oh's and the I's and these zeros and the ones

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gr8Service99 : The suggestions of you contacting the CSA's isn't really correct. The new customer is the one to contact them.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Gr8Service99 

You might have entered zero instead of “O”. 
Just contact a PM CS_Agent to have them check.

PM should use a stroke across 0 for zero to avoid confusion.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Gr8Service99 

You can send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details and the PM phone number(s) of the person/people you referred. It's also possible that your friend(s) will have to contact them to get this issue rectified.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did your friend get a $10 credit? Did you write that code down for them to use at activation? Maybe the O and 0 got reversed or confused.

Need Help? Let's chat.