cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing plan

hilothere
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there a way to freeze my Public Mobile plan without cancelling it? For example, I’m going to be out of the country for a few months but I don’t want to lose the deal I got on Boxing Day. 

3 REPLIES 3

@softech wrote:

@hilothere 

This is what you need to do to keep alive the account:

PM only allows the account to be suspended for 90 days or your account will be permanently closed, and you will loss the number.

So, your option is temporarily suspending the account and reactivate for 30 days before the 90 days deadline.

Here is what you can do (assuming your Available fund = $0)

1.  First, change plan to $15 plan (to reduce the cost to keep your number)
    (While this plan change saves you money, but please be aware that you might not be able to get back your current plan if that plan is no longer available when you are back.  If you are worried, or your current plan is already not available, skip this plan change step but you can still follow this pause subscription steps with higher cost)
  2.  Then disable "Subscribed" from Payment page (Payment page, Managed Subscription, toggle off the "Subscribed" there
  3.  On the next renewal date, since pre-authorized payment is disabled, it won't be renewed.   
          Make note of that day 1 of the suspension date
  4. !!!!VERY IMPORTANT!!!   Come back at around 85th days after the first date of the suspension to make a manual payment to renew the account for 30 days.  You can simply click "Pay Now and Resume Services" button and follow the step to make a manual payment.
    If you have changed to $15 plan in Step 1, it will just cost you $15 for that 30-days cycle. 
    After you make the payment, make sure you see clearly that the account status is changed to ACTIVE.  If not, you will either have to open ticket with PM support or come and seek help here in the Community.
    (Don't wait till the 89th or 90th days as My Account could be down for maintenance or payment could be an issue, you want to give yourself enough time to sort it out)
  5.  Make note of that date, again, the account will be active for 30 days only and will be suspended again after the 30 days.  Make note of the date it got suspended again.
  6.  As the Autopay toggle "Subscribed" is already toggled off, it won't renew after that-30 days cycle.

I hope you will be back by then. You just need to change the plan back to the one you want and then reactivate and remember to enable Autopay again (toggle on "Subscribed")
    If you still not back to Canada by the end of that 90 days, then come back NO LATER than 85th date and repeat from step 4 again.

Lol, if you read OP's question carefully you would have edited your canned response.  They want to keep the boxing week deal, so plan change is out of the question.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@hilothere 

This is what you need to do to keep alive the account:

PM only allows the account to be suspended for 90 days or your account will be permanently closed, and you will loss the number.

So, your option is temporarily suspending the account and reactivate for 30 days before the 90 days deadline.

Here is what you can do (assuming your Available fund = $0)

1.  First, change plan to $15 plan (to reduce the cost to keep your number)
    (While this plan change saves you money, but please be aware that you might not be able to get back your current plan if that plan is no longer available when you are back.  If you are worried, or your current plan is already not available, skip this plan change step but you can still follow this pause subscription steps with higher cost)
  2.  Then disable "Subscribed" from Payment page (Payment page, Managed Subscription, toggle off the "Subscribed" there
  3.  On the next renewal date, since pre-authorized payment is disabled, it won't be renewed.   
          Make note of that day 1 of the suspension date
  4. !!!!VERY IMPORTANT!!!   Come back at around 85th days after the first date of the suspension to make a manual payment to renew the account for 30 days.  You can simply click "Pay Now and Resume Services" button and follow the step to make a manual payment.
    If you have changed to $15 plan in Step 1, it will just cost you $15 for that 30-days cycle. 
    After you make the payment, make sure you see clearly that the account status is changed to ACTIVE.  If not, you will either have to open ticket with PM support or come and seek help here in the Community.
    (Don't wait till the 89th or 90th days as My Account could be down for maintenance or payment could be an issue, you want to give yourself enough time to sort it out)
  5.  Make note of that date, again, the account will be active for 30 days only and will be suspended again after the 30 days.  Make note of the date it got suspended again.
  6.  As the Autopay toggle "Subscribed" is already toggled off, it won't renew after that-30 days cycle.

I hope you will be back by then. You just need to change the plan back to the one you want and then reactivate and remember to enable Autopay again (toggle on "Subscribed")
    If you still not back to Canada by the end of that 90 days, then come back NO LATER than 85th date and repeat from step 4 again.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@hilothere  Yes you can turn auto subscribe off and you can leave account in suspended state  for no more then 90 days before making manual payment to resume services . If you let it go over 90 days suspended or 120 days from your last payment the account will be closed 

Turn auto subscribe off/on

Handy1_0-1705030038338.png

Need Help? Let's chat.