cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free gift of 500 minutes international call unavailable

Lamjo7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Colleague,

Please check my access to the above free gift. I made an international call today, and the message prompted “Sorry, Your purchased minutes have been used up”. How can it be after my response to YES to the offer a few days ago. Please honour this bonus with a reset to my phone.

Thanks,

34 REPLIES 34

Lamjo7

Thanks, colleague. I got the 500 minute free international call reset for use in my phone. I can call without glitches over the last few days.

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Parry480 : You need to wait to receive the text. Or possibly soon accessible in the self-serve. Or after the 15th for asking the CSA's.

Parry480
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

please add free gift

@Lamjo7 

You are experiencing a glitch that pops up occasionally. It's not really related to the holiday add on but you will likely get that message regardless of the number you call. Reboot your phone and wait about 10 minutes or so.... Then dial a number you call frequently like your spouse or best friend. The call should go thru and you can say "I just called to say I love you!". Hang up and dial the international call you originally intended.

This happened to me a few times in my first 6 months or so with pm. I can't remember the last time it occurred.

I just baked some Humble Pie....want a piece?

@CountyDownIeUk 

To be fair to @computergeek541  I got the wrong end of the stick on that one! He did not remove the solution.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Really?!! It doesnt take a rocket scientist to read the OP's first post and assume (correctly I might add) that the OP is not trying to call the US since a long distance call to the US is the same format as long distance calling within Canada.(Unless the OP is a newcomer to North America and is unfamiliar with how to make a long distance call within Canada or to US.

Of the thousand posts you could pick apart of S--S's you chose this one? And you took the OP's solution away as well ( @maximum_gato remembers quite well when you have done this before out of hmmmm....lets call it spite!)

@Anonymous actually read the OP, understood what was being asked, posted the correct answer with the info provided, followed it up with correct country code. S--S provided all the info necessary to get the customer on his way. There was no extraneous info added, no edits....quality posting from S--S and exactly what we have been encouraging her to do!

Even @Anonymous agrees and that's saying something! But you had to come along and rain, hail and downdraft on her parade! In my books that's called pettiness!! Way to set a good example and be welcoming of other members!

@darlicious 

Even though an oracle can assign or change a solution ....the OP can remove and or change that solution. I have done it myself. 

@Lamjo7 wrote:

Hi Mayor,

It went wrong with the system again. When I called HONG kong this afternoor, the prompt said I have used up rhe purchased minutes of the 500 minutes of free gift. How can it be. It is frustrating. Can you maje sure the reset in my phone is working until I finish the gift.

Thanks,

Joseph

@Lamjo7  do you see the free gift add on listed in your Overview account on your Self Serve?

IF so, then this should work.

Reboot your phone, then try again. 

Toggling into airplane mode, than back again may help as well.

@Lamjo7   did you try reboot the phone again before making the call? 

Lamjo7

Hi Mayor,

It went wrong with the system again. When I called HONG kong this afternoor, the prompt said I have used up rhe purchased minutes of the 500 minutes of free gift. How can it be. It is frustrating. Can you maje sure the reset in my phone is working until I finish the gift.

Thanks,

Joseph

@computergeek541 

Out of 194 international destinations to call from Canada only 1 (one) uses 1-(000)-000-0000 format. The US. As an oracle you are meant to be encouraging, welcoming and helpful to fellow members. S--S is included in this membership. No wonder she is so defensive when you can't even acknowledge when she does good.

As much hair as I have pulled out of my head in frustration trying encourage quality posts by this member I make a point of providing positive feedback whenever possible. Give your head a shake and for once admit when you are wrong.

I apologise for misreading @Anonymous 's post and assuming you had also removed the solution. For that I was wrong.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Really?!! It doesnt take a rocket scientist to read the OP's first post and assume (correctly I might add) that the OP is not trying to call the US since a long distance call to the US is the same format as long distance calling within Canada.(Unless the OP is a newcomer to North America and is unfamiliar with how to make a long distance call within Canada or to US.

Of the thousand posts you could pick apart of S--S's you chose this one? And you took the OP's solution away as well ( @maximum_gato remembers quite well when you have done this before out of hmmmm....lets call it spite!)

@Anonymous actually read the OP, understood what was being asked, posted the correct answer with the info provided, followed it up with correct country code. S--S provided all the info necessary to get the customer on his way. There was no extraneous info added, no edits....quality posting from S--S and exactly what we have been encouraging her to do!

Even @Anonymous agrees and that's saying something! But you had to come along and rain, hail and downdraft on her parade! In my books that's called pettiness!! Way to set a good example and be welcoming of other members!

Sorry, but I did not take any solution away. Also, from the first post, there is no indication where the person is trying to call.  That was my only point.  I even acknowledged in my first reply that dial 011 would work in this case, but that the reply about that couldn't be used as a blanket statement to make all international calls.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : And yet another freaking fight with them in pm. Insufferable.

@computergeek541 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Assuming and trusting that no edits occurred it pains me to find myself agreeing with the unmentionable one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lamjo7 

To call from Canada, dial: 011 - xx - Area Code

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

if you getting the holiday gift,

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Using that dialilng format will not work calling from Canada to Canada or the United States (U.S. is still international).  I do realize that the the OP is tryhing to call Hong Kong, but at the time of your above reply, that information was not yet known.

@computergeek541 

i'm not say dialling from Canada to Canada or the United States.
reading the OP, ask for international call and
and the OP post after where he want to call and i did post the right answer.. then where the wrong ?

and also i'm not getting a accepted as solution to you coming to remove it just waiting for OP when you give me then you will coming to remove it just take your time for that..

When you made your first reply, it had not yet been revealed where the OP was trying to call. Your post then stated to dial 011 before the number to make an international call.  Calling to the United States is an international call, and thus, your post contains incorrect/incomplete information with your post even mentioning calls to the United States.

@computergeek541 

sorry who is say about United States ? you bring this wrong i never say for United States what are you talking about i don't know,,, go and check it out.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lamjo7 

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Using that dialilng format will not work calling from Canada to Canada or the United States (U.S. is still international).  I do realize that the the OP is tryhing to call Hong Kong, but at the time of your above reply, that information was not yet known.

@computergeek541 

and the OP post after where he want to call and i did post the right answer.. then where the wrong ?

and also i'm not getting a accepted as solution to you coming to remove it just waiting for OP when you give me then you will coming to remove it just take your time for that..

When you made your first reply, it had not yet been revealed where the OP was trying to call. Your post then stated to dial 011 before the number to make an international call.  Calling to the United States is an international call, and thus, your post contains incorrect/incomplete information with your post even mentioning calls to the United States.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lamjo7 

@computergeek541 

and also i'm not getting a accepted as solution to you coming to remove it just waiting for OP when them give me then you will coming to remove it just take your time for that..

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lamjo7 

@darlicious wrote:

@Lamjo7 

Whenever something isn't working correctly with your phone or service try rebooting your phone. It's the first troubleshooting tip and will fix most issues.

This rebooting is becoming really troublesome! 😉

Now even new cars require frequent rebooting... Following Honda Civic gen11 forum and people have massive issue with adaptive cruise control malfunctioning and resolution is - stop on shoulder, turn car off and on (REBOOT) and it will work (for the next 15-20 min, then repeat).

@Lamjo7 wrote:

It works accordingly, Mayor.

Thanks,

Joseph

Sir, Glad it works.. the bonus came in a perfect time and you can make good use just now  🙂

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@Lamjo7 

Whenever something isn't working correctly with your phone or service try rebooting your phone. It's the first troubleshooting tip and will fix most issues.

Just like my old windows laptop.

That should be in the more the merrier thread too. After you reply the SMS with YES, wait for some time to bonus to be applied and then check the promo in online plan details. Once you see it Reboot and then use. 

@Lamjo7 

Lamjo7

It works accordingly, Mayor.

Thanks,

Joseph

@Lamjo7   Hong Kong is on the list of this offer.. so.. try a reboot and see how it goes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lamjo7 wrote:

Hong Kong. I will turn off the phone and on later for reboot?

@Lamjo7 

To call Hong Kong from Canada, dial: 011 - 852 - Area Code - Land Phone Number 011 - 852 - 8 Digit Mobile Number

@Lamjo7 wrote:

Mayor, Please let me know once you reset the system for my access to the international callbonus.

Thanks,

Joseph

@Lamjo7 

We are all customers like you but try to help and share our experience.

did you  try to reboot  your phone ?  and where you try to make the long distance call to?

Lamjo7

Hong Kong. I will turn off the phone and on later for reboot?

Lamjo7

Mayor, Please let me know once you reset the system for my access to the international callbonus.

Thanks,

Joseph

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lamjo7   where you try to make the international call to?

Also, try to reboot your phone once

Need Help? Let's chat.