cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding to PM from a Telus line not working

gsek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When moving house on Aug 31st, we had Telus turn on their "switchboard" forwarding for a landline (works from their system not just the account, since we were closing off Optik services at that location and getting a new account elsewhere). The new house will not be ready to take the Telus service yet, so they said they could send the 250 number (from Okanagan) via that forwarding to the new PM number (778) in Victoria. This is not working now (at first, gave an uncommon error recording but now says the number is not in service) and Telus has done a full check (45 mins on hold while they scoped it out) on their end ; forwarding is set up correctly but can't get through to the PM number, they say.

Can someone at PM support please check this out by reaching out to me? It's my dad's line, not mine, but his PM phone is confirmed as working for everything else. And they said it should work for any cell provider, not just Telus-to-Telus (which, with PM, is nearly the same thing, but not quite).

4 REPLIES 4

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gsek   the 250 number is not current terminated at any location, right?  ie, it's no longer at Okanagan and not at Victoria, yet, right? 

As mentioned by @Anonymous , if it can be reach by any other one , then it is not a PM issue.  It must be a setup on the back end.

Since Telus own both your 250 line and Public Mobile (hence, your PM line), they should be able to see clearly the routing behind and confirm where the problem is.  Please check back with Telus support.

@gsek 

Try putting the pm phone in 3G only in your settings>>preferred network>>3G only.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @gsek 

We are all customers, like you, who post on this Community.

We are not Public Mobile Representatives.

Also, all customer support is online. So if there is an account issue Customer Support Agents could be contacted: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

But, I feel @Anonymous is correct. This is likely a Telus specific issue issue that should be followed up with them, not a Public Mobile issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gsek : If the PM number can be called on its own from another phone then yes that service is doing all it needs to do. I would go back to that Telus support line. That sounds like some internal trick they're trying to do. Maybe it only works for a "local" number.

Are you talking about forwarding? Or is this actually porting?

Are you intending to go with a Telus landline (Optik whatever) again in Victoria? So you're just parking the old 250 number and forwarding it to a cell? Do you intend to keep the old 250 number and use it in Victoria?

Need Help? Let's chat.