cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Plans and Happy Customers

Cart3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

Recently I had an inquiry about a Flash offer that my wife and daughter received. Then In reading about others who’ve received or are asking about other offers they’ve seen on this site, it’s become abundantly clear that users aren’t happy because of their loyalty. They can’t participate in great deals that PM has and can offer. If PM was smart, they’d give these deals to EVERYONE. Not only would new “activations” be happy, but also their true, blue, loyalty customers as well!! It just isn’t fair. PERIOD 

13 REPLIES 13

Community_QA_
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

none of my family members got the promo text, but my friends do.  Oh well, life go out without promos 

@statusquo 

I hope you're right! I'd love their $45 US plan.

statusquo

From what I understand public has been more receptive recently in offering deals similar to what they offer Quebecors so there's still some slight hope they offer something in between $15 and $25 deals to all their customers but of course it's more wishful thinking at this point @DennyCrane 

@statusquo Public Mobile offers the $15 plan for one reason, and one reason alone: because they have to.

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/occa.htm

They want nothing more than to get as many customers upgraded as possible, because they likely make nothing on those lines. The fact that the legacy rewards offered the same fixed discounts as a $60 plan made it even juicier, but they finally came to their senses on that and moved to a points/% system.

$20 is better than $15 of course, but it would also make a lot of people much less likely to bump up to $25 or higher. Quebec has always been much more competitive though.

statusquo

Not holding my breath thank you @DennyCrane and I do understand PM is giving different offers to customers in Quebec but I still  think they would have greater success in moving a greater number of customers over to a $20 plan with more data if on the $15 plan rather than them having to pay another $10/month for the $25 plan which is still enticing and I'm sure many will bite, of course.  

My personal feeling is most customers on the basic plan are more budget conscious and/or light users so don't need unlimited calling minutes but data has become more of a necessity if not near a reliable or trusted wifi.  It would also perhaps make up for the change in policy for add on data that was recently introduced.  For many of us that was the main reason to come to public in the first place but that has now become another moot point.   However, who knows, just speaking from a layperson's perspective.

@statusquo Don't hold your breath on Quebec plans being made available outside of Quebec. That discrepancy has been there on most carriers for decades, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@Cart3 You're looking at this strictly from a consumer perspective, not from a business perspective. Their goal with these promos is to motivate people to increase their monthly spend. Offering them to everyone would also encourage some to decrease their spend, which isn't the point. It's okay to be disappointed, but to say it's not "smart" of them is an interesting take.

But you never know, there could be more batches that will receive the offer later. Or they may change course and have a publicly available offer. Who knows. 

@will13am wrote:

@Cart3 , so true.  Unfortunately as a business the carrier brands try to sell for as much as they can.  From a marketing perspective, discounting to attract new customers has been shown to be better for the business than to give the same to existing customer to keep them around.  

Subscription additions can also be an important metric for shareholders.  In some ways, Telus answers to them even more than customers.  I would imagine that the amount of customers gained from offering these new customer promotions is more than the amount of customers lost from existing customers leaving because they weren't made these offers.

statusquo

Yes public mobile please makes these plan offers available to everyone, especially the offer for 5GB for $20 being offered for Quebec customers.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Cart3 , so true.  Unfortunately as a business the carrier brands try to sell for as much as they can.  From a marketing perspective, discounting to attract new customers has been shown to be better for the business than to give the same to existing customer to keep them around.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Cart3  Well said and you’re not wrong . But unfortunately it’s typical for carriers to offer nee activation promo only to draw in more customers . Even the mixed bag of text offer currently being sent out to random customers . And yet freedom seems to be offering much of the same plan and more 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Cart3 

it's just a random promo.  It might come to you next. Don't be upset

Need Help? Let's chat.