cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fishing text

Lehaha
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi I kept getting some fishing text messages and I am so angry that I couldn’t block the numbers, does PM can do anything to stop it?

Thanks 

20 REPLIES 20

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As long as you dont click on the link provided, there is no harm in getting SMS.

On iphone... I am able to block by Tapping the number the text came from.. click on info. tap block this caller/sender. 

Lehaha

Thanks I found the way to block it 

Lehaha

Yes you will right, I tap number and then You have to tap “info”, the block button shows up 

thanks 

Lehaha

True 

Lehaha

Yes it’s on but no use 

I am not sure if I will suggest to block certain numbers.  Unless it is repeated sales text from proper businesses, then yes, it will be useful. 

If they are from spammer and scammers, they will keep getting new numbers (or spoofing any caller id number) and hence blocking would not be useful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lehaha : Not an iphone person. So I went looking. Found this. Go down to the manual option.

@Lehaha wrote:

iPhone 

If it is iMessage, you can ignore unknown senders:

1. Go to Settings  > Messages.

2. Turn on Filter Unknown Senders.

Sorry, can't do much with true SMS.  Just ignore.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha wrote:

iPhone 

@Lehaha   I'm sure some of the IPhone users will soon be able to offer you some useful suggestions. 

Lehaha

Thanks 

Lehaha

Sure thanks 

Lehaha

iPhone 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lehaha : What kind of phone is it? There ought to be an option to block a number.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha   I think no provider will do anything with phishing text or so.   Just be careful and don't clink on any link.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha wrote:

It’s looks like regular number but there’s no button I can lock it:((

@Lehaha    If there's no option to block, then just keep ignoring it and, hopefully, eventually they'll stop sending you those texts.

Lehaha

It’s text to my phone number and no button shows block the number 

Lehaha

It’s looks like regular number but there’s no button I can lock it:((

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lehaha 

ignore and delete and blocked,

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha wrote:

Hi I kept getting some fishing text messages and I am so angry that I couldn’t block the numbers, does PM can do anything to stop it?

Thanks 

@Lehaha    If it's a text message, why can't you block the number via the 3 dots menu?  Unless you mean it's private message in your community inbox?  

Then you just need to open the message by clicking the heading and click the Report button bottom left, then Ignore above the message field and then Delete option.  Of course, don't click any links within the message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lehaha : If it's an improper looking number then PM is regulationally required to block those. If it looks like a normal number then PM doesn't provide that service. Why couldn't you block them?

Need Help? Let's chat.