cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few hours since transferring the number but the SIM is not yet activated

Yeganeh07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have transferred my number from Fido. I received and approved the authorized message from Fido. I can see that my Fido is cancelled. However, my Public Mobile is not yet activated. I have put the Public Mobile SIM card in the phone and restarted couple of times.

Also, when I login in the Public Mobile website, it shows me to activate via the app. When I go to the app, it says activate now, and when I try to put in the SIM card number, it says, the SIM is already in used (assume because I completed the activation steps already).

Any help would be appreciated, how long does it normally takes? any steps that I have missed?

6 REPLIES 6

Yeganeh07

It is working now!!! Thank you

@Yeganeh07 !sounds like the sim  needs to be re provisioned .you can try to force it to re provision it self by trying it in another phone to  test.. otherwise just wait for support to do it for you on there end 

Yeganeh07

I contacted the porting team and they said the porting was successful. It seems that the activation is incomplete. I also do not have the access to complete it. When I relogin into the app, it says, start the activation (which I already did), in the second steps ask me to put in the SIM details, when I put the details, it says SIM is already in use and doesn't let me continue! This is really frustrating as my Fido has already been cancelled automatically during porting!

Porting team said they opened a ticket for the backend team, I also sent a private message to CS agent.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Yeganeh07,

Did you try to turn off your phone and on again? You may have to submit a ticket to customer service for further investigation. 

You can do so by using the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to explain the issue to them. They will respond to you in your community inbox so check it from time to time.

Yeganeh07

Yes, I did complete the activation from the phone app. That is how, I got the message from Fido to authorize the transfer. I accepted that, my Fido is cancelled however, now is more than 5 hours, but no signal on the Public Mobile.

When I open the app now, I still see the activate button. I click on it, takes me to put in the SIM card details, I put that, it says, this SIM is already in use. This should have been straight forward process.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Yeganeh07  Did you try to activate on the app all activations need the app to complete not website . Will send you printing team number private message and they can give update on the port or re trigger it if needed . Will also leave you with direct link to support incase they are needed to re provision the sim for you 

you can send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.