cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request - WiFi Calling

smp999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I know PM does not offer WiFi calling, so this is just another avenue to let them know this is a highly requested feature

Even better if it could be used outside Cda/US.  Setting up WiFi calling for use outside of Cda would have to be way easier and cheaper than trying to get agreements with service providers in each country.

But even if it was just for use within Canada, that would be such a leap. A year ago there was no way we thought we would have VoLTE and unlimited data plans, so here's hoping......

13 REPLIES 13

Michael67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will also send a ticket to one of the agents to request that Wi-Fi Calling be added to Public Mobile.  It is a useful feature, and most other providers have it.

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well, WiFi calling is highly anticipated. 5G is quite good. I just came back from Whistler, 5G is a bit spotty out there, with certain pockets having no 5G but, 4G+ is awesome, hats off

I will soon complete 1 month with PM Will keep using it as I feel they have the bang for the buck. Keep up the good work 👍🏻

@CS_Agent  pls take a note, thanks! 

AZpxl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried PublicMobile for 2 weeks during their recent 5G promotion and it's not bad. The lack of VoWiFi is one reason I will not renew beyond the free trial. I also submitted a ticket to an agent. Good luck!

Justin21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes you are right I think personally 20 gb is more than enough coz everywhere you go there is free wifi. You go hospitas,cafes,restaurants,shopping mall wifi is free. The most important thing only is the unlimited call and text

Shubh2023

I really understand your concern and I have used other SIM cards in Canada! I believe that there are a lot of options that can be explored out here and voice-over LTE network (VoLTE) is quite common right now, even Wi-Fi calling gives an extra edge to that specific service and it is quite expected that we can get it anytime soon! Considering that, very soon, the third generation or 3G will be removed and 4G might be the lowest, which we can see! There is always room for improvement in both 4G and 5G, so I guess the companies should start looking into it, considering how Public is moving forward right now with 5G and all other services and the cheapest 5G in Canada!
I believe they will surely look into it, but not sure, when it might be a reality!
So, let's keep our hopes high and if needed, we can share it with the team so that they can share it forward ~

Typhon

@hTideGnow wrote:

Typhon wrote:

I sometimes wonder why I am paying for my mobile plan. Just about all the time I use WIFI for  iMessage, emails and face time to do shopping. banking, searches  etc. and also to keep in touch with family in Europe.

HI @Typhon 

if you are using 50GB or more, you don't have to. you can even turn on data at home  🙂

I think you missed my point - "wonder why I am paying for my mobile plan." Ofcourse if I was paying for 50GB of data I wouldn't bother with WIFI - I have dropped my plan down to the $15 plan just so I won't lose my phone number.

Typhon wrote:

I sometimes wonder why I am paying for my mobile plan. Just about all the time I use WIFI for  iMessage, emails and face time to do shopping. banking, searches  etc. and also to keep in touch with family in Europe.

HI @Typhon 

if you are using 50GB or more, you don't have to. you can even turn on data at home  🙂

Typhon

I sometimes wonder why I am paying for my mobile plan. Just about all the time I use WIFI for  iMessage, emails and face time to do shopping. banking, searches  etc. and also to keep in touch with family in Europe. Also the other day I watched almost an entire movie over a hospitals free WIFI while waiting to see a doctor while in the emergency waiting room. ( It turned out that we were all waiting for hours because there wasn't a doctor on duty- they should have at least advised us of this  -- but no they just kept us waiting.)

@wetcoaster- Hear hear. Telus doesn't seem to want to participate in the concept of pure BYOD though. They seem more interested in rolling back to the dark ages of controlling the devices on their network using their own proprietary methods of filtering out those devices they don't want. Not BYOD.

HI @wetcoaster 

i agree the VoLTE whitelist should be gone

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

My first priority on the wish list would be that they are scrapping the stupid device white list for VoLTE (and, if it's showing up eventually, VoWiFi, of course). White listing makes no sense for a pure BYOD provider - if your phone is VoLTE capable, let it use VoLTE. No matter what brand and model.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @smp999 

i think only Tier 2 or 1 carriers have that

but you can submit a ticket with Agent and let them know there is a demand:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@smp999  Your not wrong or alone in that want so fingers crossed 🤞 

Need Help? Let's chat.