cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty SIM, can’t access self-serve

yushi96
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a 30-day plan and set up autopay but my SIM card was faulty, so I could not create a self-serve account. I then did the same thing with a new second SIM card, which worked, and now have a working number and plan, so I would like to cancel the old plan, since it is on autopay. How do I do this? 

8 REPLIES 8

yushi96

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@yushi96 wrote:

I bought a 30-day plan and set up autopay but my SIM card was faulty, so I could not create a self-serve account. I then did the same thing with a new second SIM card, which worked, and now have a working number and plan, so I would like to cancel the old plan, since it is on autopay. How do I do this? 

If you could not create an account in self serve how did you set up autopay or did you activate in a retail location?  I haven't gone through a retail activation so I am not sure how it works with activating an account and the self serve setup I thought they had to be at the same time.

Yes, I activated it at Walmart. 

yushi96

I paid the full price again. 

yushi96

@will13am wrote:

@yushi96, do you need to keep the phone number that resides in the first account?  If so you should discuss with the moderator team how they might be able to best assist with merging things so that you are not out of pocket and losing a phone number that you might want to keep. 

No, I don’t need to keep the phone number, I have a new one now. I just need to cancel the first plan. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@yushi96 wrote:

If you could not create an account in self serve how did you set up autopay or did you activate in a retail location?  I haven't gone through a retail activation so I am not sure how it works with activating an account and the self serve setup I thought they had to be at the same time.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@yushi96 wrote:

Because this is a prepaid service all that is required is to stop paying. There is no need to cancel anything. If auto pay is enabled you want to disable auto pay. As long as you do not have Auto-Pay enabled and do not manually make a payment for 90 days it will be removed, the account is PERMANENTLY DEACTIVATED, Deleted, SIM DEAD, ALL Add-Ons, Positive Balances, PM # Forfeited.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@yushi96, do you need to keep the phone number that resides in the first account?  If so you should discuss with the moderator team how they might be able to best assist with merging things so that you are not out of pocket and losing a phone number that you might want to keep. 

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@yushi96 wrote:

Before you contact the Mods, did you receive the second sim as a replacement or did you pay  the full price again?

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

Before doing anything I would contact the Mods.

Maybe they will have a show of faith and credit your second account with the funds from the first? No guarantee but worth a try. Include a detail explanation and include the info from the first sim.

To get help with your account, activation, or service?

Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get gelp with your account.

They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

Click here to send them a private message.

In your message please include:

PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].

Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

Need Help? Let's chat.