cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to port number, activate eSIM

Diane23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi folks,

I'm a new customer coming from rogers. The Public Mobile app failed to active my eSIM. I tried using the QR code from the confirmation email, but that fails too. I've tried removing and reinserting the physical SIM card and rebooting the phone then trying again, but the eSIM still fails to activate.

Rogers has released my phone number, so now I have no cellular connectivity. Please help!

18 REPLIES 18

@TimSam wrote:

Bought a physical sim and now my phone # appears on the sim status page, but still no incoming calls. Can make outgoing calls, send/receive texts and have mobile data. Just missing the incoming calls

I would suggestin trying your old carrier's SIM card in a working phone and calling your number.  If the call rings at your old carrier, the number has not been transfered.

TimSam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bought a physical sim and now my phone # appears on the sim status page, but still no incoming calls. Can make outgoing calls, send/receive texts and have mobile data. Just missing the incoming calls

lawalvin

try it with a Telus number if you can manage to find one. My work cell and my colleagues are with Telus, I can receive phone calls from them without issue, which is very strange... 😶

TimSam

I only tried calling from Fido number 

TimSam

Yes did that last night 

HI @TimSam 

did you call the porting support team?

lawalvin

I tested different things out, I realized I can receive calls from Telus numbers only, nothing from other carriers apart from Telus. Is this also happening to you?

TimSam

I have the same issue. Ported yesterday from Fido, can make calls, text and receive texts, am connected to mobile data, but unable to receive calls. I noticed that when I plug in my old fido simcard, that my number is still linked with that SIM card, don't know if that's normal.

I am in contact with cs agent, but still without a solution. 

lawalvin

yes several agents have been chatting with me in the effort to solve the problem, they suggested "Disabling call forwarding" through the phone's settings, calling #67# #61# #62# #21# to disable all call forwarding features but as of now it's still not functioning as I wish they would. The last agent Flavius was very helpful and responsive, so I really appreciated her assistance but as of now she exhausted all the troubleshooting steps from her end so my case has been passed onto the technical team to investigate... I will keep you posted

FahdM

Hi, 

Have you submitted a ticket to get the call receiving fixed? I would love to know your steps to resolve this because I am sure it could happen to me too. Thanks!

lawalvin

I basically had the same problem! My number was successfully ported over from Fido, everything works except receiving phone calls!

FahdM

Thank you for your reply. I have submitted a ticket explaining the issue. From reading other forum messages it seems that I need the back office to re-trigger the port request so that my transferred number will work on this newly activated eSIM, is that correct?

Thank you!

HI @FahdM 

I don't think you can do much yourself.    please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

FahdM

Hi @hTideGnow ,

I am having the same issue. I have added the subscription and transferred my number from Rogers but it appears I am unable to activate my E-SIM. I tried to scan the QR code but it does not allow me to activate the e-SIM so I am now without any service. Can you please help me create a ticket for this to be resolved ASAP? Thank you

HI @Diane23 

use message to submit ticket instead and you won't get that error

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In case you get another error about HTTP, what you will need to do is to delete the message and retype them (not paste)

Diane23

Hi @hTideGnow hTideGnow,

I forgot to mention that I'm unable to submit a ticket. Every time I try I get either an "Unable to update your profile" or "404, error code:XXX". Is there another way I can submit a ticket or get support?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Diane23  I’ll send you the porting  team number private message and they can give status update on the port and re trigger it if needed . Will also leave you the direct link to support should they be needed aswell 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Diane23 

at this point, it is a eSIM problem.  Please get it fixed first by submitting  ticket with CS Agent here.  They will either send you another QR code or advise further

Need Help? Let's chat.