cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed porting attempt

SimonPM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received new SIM card and tried to port my wife's phone to a new PM plan. Because her old plan has expired, the porting did not complete properly.  But her phone works for calls and text.  Except it can't receive text from PM.  Hence can not login in PM app. Is there a way to abandon the old number to reactivate again for a new mobile number without having to purchase another SIM card?  I can't find any live person support.  Online ticket support is very restrictive. What is the contact # for porting department? 

6 REPLIES 6

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@SimonPM - You should be able to receive OTP's from PM from the Rogers SIM if it is still active.

For my second account with Virgin the port failed, tried to login with the Community and then access my account, couldn't bypass the forced SMS 2FA & Virgin SIM was still active. Once I inserted the SIM card, the SMS OTP stated flooding in. Porting team helped me out with the port and started receiving OTP codes via PM eSIM.

SimonPM

Thank you for your response.  It was from a Rogers acct to a PM account.  But because the Rogers acct has expired, the process could not complete.  Instead of spending $ to top up the old number, we have decided to abandon it and take on a new number.  I will try to contact a CS_agent.  I hope it can be done with my community acct. 

SimonPM

I really appreciate your response.  
Although my wife's phone is working with the old (Roger's) number, it is having much problems with login/sign-in authentication.
Would it work if I sign in to the community to help resolve this problem for my wife?  I have all her necessary information.  

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@SimonPM   Just to clarify, you are trying to port a number from a PM account to a new PM account, or port a number from another carrier to a new PM account?   It sounds rather like the former which makes a difference.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@SimonPM , the number for the porting team can be found in the link below.  Note that an active account is necessary to enable a number port.  So you can reactive the old line and have the number port resubmitted.  A new SIM card is not required to support number ports or simply number changes.  

https://community.koodomobile.com/tips-tricks-troubleshooting-232914/phone-number-transfer-error-781...

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@SimonPM - You can contact CS_Agent for a number change, once you create the ticket with support, they will ask you for your wife's number that is stuck & for your last 4 digits of CC#. Do not post anything personal here though:

⬇️Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for an agent because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

Need Help? Let's chat.