cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed activation

BRenda18
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anyone that has had problems with failed activation over Black Friday been contacted by the Techs yet and the problem resolved?

- frustrated 

7 REPLIES 7

cha0tik

I have the same thing happening to me. I called the porting number and was told that the PM account isn’t activated yet aka it does not yet have a temporary mobile number attributed to it. So the porting folks are unable to do anything.

i was told that Online Customer Support should reset the activation on my account, assign a temporary number, and then finally port my current number over the temporary one. Now I’m waiting for CS Agent to get back to me regarding my ticket.

Unknowingly, my mistake was not opting for a temporary number in the app - I clicked on bring my own number and that seems to have caused a glitch, where the app is stuck at step 6. 

has anyone had this happen? If so, what was your resolution and how quick?

BRenda18

I am stuck in the final step. I have paid and when I go to complete step six, I get a message that there has been an error and to contact customer support. But then customer support says it isn’t them but I don’t have a fully active account so I’m in a weird in between where no one seems to be able to help me 

BRenda18

Please send it but I’m not stuck in the porting processing I don’t think 

BRenda18

I didn’t even get that far. The payment went through and then I got an error code. So the account thinks I haven’t paid but then I pay again and the same thing happens. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@BRenda18 

Can you tell us if you replied to the text confirming you are porting over to PM with the old SIM in your phone?

If you missed replying within the 90 minute window then only a CS_Agent can help at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

If you replied then just reboot your phone by powering off then back on.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BRenda18 Hi Brenda, if you are stuck in the middle of the porting process, you can reach contact the porting team to help during the porting process. I will send you their number in a private message. Keep an eye on you community inbox for more details.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @BRenda18 

Black Friday weekend is by far the busiest day weekend of the year. CS Agents are flooded with requests for help. What issues are you having? Maybe we can help you.

How to sign up with Public Mobile

Chalupa_Batman_0-1701038217670.png

Need Help? Let's chat.