cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Rogers Port Since November 18

d_mcbay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So like many others that signed up with the new promo I had a failed activation and a failed port from Rogers on November 18th (ported when I activated the SIM).

After some searching I managed to get my account created and everything else was ok after that (payment went through, had the fall promo etc.) except my port from Rogers. 

I have tried multiple times to port my number in self-serve myself but I keep getting an error that tells me to contact PM. I have tried using account number only, account number with IMEI... I've tried it all to no avail. I messaged a MOD (@Mary_M) on November 18th and November 25th and I also sent an e-mail to support on November 21st but I haven't received any responses yet... I know they are crazy busy but I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be forgotten! 

I have had full Rogers service since I tried to port my number so this was definitely an incomplete or failed port.

I ended up changing my number to a PM number thinking I could try to port from self serve again but it still didn't work 😞 the SIM works just fine, I would just really like my Rogers number and I would like to have the Rogers service cancelled (not great to be paying for two things at once :()

So now I'm just waiting to see if PM can cancel and re-send the port request to Rogers as I still have full service from them...

Really looking forward to having this fixed and being a member of the PM family 🙂 !! My fiancee switched to PM a few weeks ago from Koodo without any problems and is loving it! 

15 REPLIES 15

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Come back around 9am

myc5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
@Shazia_K I am having the same problem and pm'ed twice. I still don't have incoming calls and still paying under Rogers AND account still reflecting 6gbs when I should have 12gb. Please help.

d_mcbay

Thanks @Rockdaddy22! Glad to be apart of it 🙂 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Great news all around. I love this thread 🙂 Welcome to the PM family guys 🙂

d_mcbay

Great to hear @dambra !! 🙂 

dambra

Everything worked well for me!

@d_mcbay Glad it's all sorted out!

d_mcbay

Thanks @CaNuCk07 for tagging a MOD! I wasn't sure how to lol 

d_mcbay

So happy!! Smiley Very Happy Shazia_K fixed my port and I am up and running!! I am so glad to have been able to keep my phone number too. It's worth the wait 🙂 

Thanks so much PM! 

12 days is also quite some time, perhaps @Shazia_K can assist.

dambra

Great, thank you for the quick reply!

I will report back later when I give it a go.

d_mcbay

I am on the same thing with my family and I used my mother's name as she is the account holder. Make sure your phone number is a secondary line and that the account is in good standing and you should be good to go! Hopefully it goes smoothly for you 🙂 

I have seen on the forum somewhere that it is reccomended to put the account holder name in all caps..? You could try that. I didn't try that initially and maybe that's why it didnt work. 

Let me know how it goes! 

dambra

Sorry to piggy back this problem you are having... but I am about to port over from Rogers tonight. I am on a share everything plan with 2 other family members. I have the account number as shown on the bill, but just a quick question regarding the name to use. Since the account is in my mom's name, should I use that? Or should I use my own? Thanks in advance!

d_mcbay

I have done all of that stuff and it still didn't work 😞 thanks for the tips though!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I have seen lots of successful porting from Rogers. Seems like yours not even going though partially.

I can't say its from your end, but can suggest to make sure you are entering everything as it is on your rogers bill. Also, make sure to check "I am authorized box". 

For reference: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-I-move-my-cell-phone-number-to-...

Need Help? Let's chat.