cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIDO Retention Plans. PM Pay attention

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Look at FIDO's retention plans for BYOP plans.  Must be a customer for at least 3- 6 months and different value retention plans

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/14/fido-offers-55-6gb-75-10gb-retention-plans-customers/

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

10 REPLIES 10

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

At PM we get the Koodo retention plans.  I am not sure if the Koodo plan is any better than our PM $40 4 gig plan. 🙂

jshmeek
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

They could certainly cash in on a number of upset customers at this point. Though it should be noted that if Fido does something akin to that, it would be a plan limited to BYOP, and also would lack some of the premium features of the Fido "Pulse" plans and these retention plans (with the new Data Bytes feature, Spotify premium for 6 months, Fido Roam). Not that these are a neccessity to many of us, but I thought it should be noted. This was how Fido responsed last year during the $40/4GB PM deal. Virgin has also run plans like this in the past to compete with the other carriers.

Zoomer is also a solid option when they run promos. Only difference is the required contract (after six months, they offer a $45/4GB loyalty plan, and have often run a $40.50/2GB plan for the meantime).

shawnie_boy

man if only fido offered some new plan to get PM customers over like 4.5gb for 45. That would be well worth the extra cost to get all of Fido's features. 

@CalvinW wrote:
I don't think PM will ever offer a meaningful promo again. It has only been disappointment after last years Fall promo

PM seems to have entered a phase where its marketing team controls the offers; data especially. My reading of their approach is to:

a) follow price leaders up

b) maintain just enough price difference to attract a trickle of new customers (an experiment in progress)

c) offer targeted promos if the customer base gets too low

d) grandfather existing accounts for longish periods

e) maintain an active community as a primary market differentiator (we still see comments that the community is often more responsive than a call centre)

So, yes, the days of the 2016 fall promo pricing are over. Promo pricing will now be relative to current standard prices. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CalvinW
I don't think PM will ever offer a meaningful promo again. It has only been disappointment after last years Fall promo

jshmeek

With Freedom running a 4GB/$40 promo right now, and Fido offering retention plans like these, it's very possible Fido could run a promo in the next few weeks to match it. Or even PM, as long as its not another "port promo", so to speak (unlikely with the new plans, but certainly not of the question).

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Looks like lots or carrier offering back to school deals. This fido one looks pretty interesting but you can't get this deal unless you are existing fido customer right. Minimum 3 to 6 months

jshmeek

And now Public is sending texts to people on the 4GB/$40 plan, trying to get them to move to a $50 plan on Koodo with 1GB extra. I assume Telus wants to get rid of the rewards and raise ARPU, or just kill PM.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/15/public-mobile-koodo-offer-50-5gb-promotion/

CalvinW
While PM over here are pushing customers away

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

I actually just read this too. It kind of is what is pushing me in Fido's direction. We always hear about Fido's retention deals during a promo period. Can get a good retention deal close to what I'm paying here, and you get VoLTE, Store Support, Wi-FI calling, and Fido Roam, the data bytes promo going on, ect. PM should start offering retention plans of some sort

Also unrelared, but if you have the new SPC card, you can get 1GB of Bonus data with Koodo for 12 months.

Need Help? Let's chat.