cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FB Messenger and WhatsApp voice calls-Plans issue

eyerhyme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Seems that FB Messenger and WhatsApp do NOT work for receiving or making voice/video calls. Why?

Also... many of us tried to sign up to the 40GB plan and upgrade to our next subscription cycle. Still waiting for a respond from PM on this. 

6 REPLIES 6

@Shirlz wrote:

I'm not able to talk with my contacts on FB messenger and whatsapp too. I can hear them good but my voice is very "choppy" they can't understand what I'm saying.

I've actually found the voice quality (in both directions) actually much better with both Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger.

Shirlz

Everything else works fine on my android.  My iPad has no problem with FB messenger it's not with public mobile.

Shirlz

I'm not able to talk with my contacts on FB messenger and whatsapp too. I can hear them good but my voice is very "choppy" they can't understand what I'm saying.

@eyerhyme wrote:

Hi,

Seems that FB Messenger and WhatsApp do NOT work for receiving or making voice/video calls. Why?

Also... many of us tried to sign up to the 40GB plan and upgrade to our next subscription cycle. Still waiting for a respond from PM on this. 

Both work fine using Public Mobile's data service.  Both Messneger and Whatsapp only need a working internet connection (whether mobile data or Wi-Fi).  Are other activities using your mobile data connection working?

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Hmm, calling from WhatsApp works for me. Not sure why it's not for you.

What is the error message you are getting when trying to upgrade plans? Are you on a phone or computer? Can you try another device? Same error? If so a d you already submitted a ticket to the below agent , I guess you just have to wait until some gets back to you. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@eyerhyme 

my Whatsapp is making and receiving voice calls just fine...dunno about FB, not a user.

Need Help? Let's chat.