ANYone else having these issues ?

I got a text after 8 days on their plan saying I used 75% of my DATA

I'VE had other plans of 300MG DATA for a month and never used 300mg

a month ????

Comments are appreciated

8 REPLIES 8

lynsay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Outgoing calls are also logged for me that I do not make. I noticed that whenever I receive an incoming call and miss it, my phone shows a missed incoming call but my online account shows an outgoing call. Perhaps it's some kind of glitch when the voicemail gets activited.

lynsay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had an issue with data usage as well. However, mine was in small amounts. Despite not using my phone at all and such settings as Cellular Data and Wifi Assist being turned to "off" (and the phone also always being hooked up to wifi), small amounts of data usage were being listed on my account. After much back and forth, it turns out that there was data leakage because LTE was not disabled within the Cellular Data Options. This could not even be seen since my Cellular Data was turned off, but when I turned Cellular Data on, switched LTE to disable it, and then turned Cellular Data back off, the data leakage stopped. I haven't had the problem since. Although this doesn't sound exactly like your problem, perhaps this was somewhat helpful. It may be helpful to others, and I've been meaning to post this problem and solution, so I will also include this information in a separate message in the near future under a different heading since it's not exactly the same issue for those who may also have the same problem I had.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Are you totally out of data now? You can renew early by taking to moderators.

Do you think you could though it out till the next cycle? 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @skeptical11 

One more thing, those calls that are forwarded to your voicemail after you don't answer or if your phone is off are NOT counted towards your allowance, if you go back and add everything up they shouldn't be there, the calls you made to your voicemail to retrieve the messages ARE. if you would like to avoid chargers for that you can call in from a landline/VoIp phone to retrieve them. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@skeptical11 

-  Apps, like Facebook, email app, will periocally check for update. 

-  Check your usage history.  The number with the last 4 digits 4011(xxx-xxx-4011) is your voicemaile number.  PM will forward your incoming calls with no answer to your voicemail.  There is no charge against your call minutes for your caller to leave a voicemail for you.  You will be charged for call minutes if you call from your phone to get your messages.  There is no charge if you call from another phone to get your message.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

What is your monthly allowance?

You should restrict your background data too

My TextNow was consuming almost 200 after I restricted it went down to 20-30. I'm in 250 megs and I need to keep restricted data on as many apps are very wasteful communicate junk in the background constantly. Did you change/reset your phone after switching as you mentioned you never use so much.

Also once I accidentally whipped out cashe and that costed me all my allowance in one afternoon, that was before I restricted everything

Anonymous
Not applicable

@skeptical11 

No this is not a scam place. Many 10's of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of people are doing just fine.

Do you have a setting on your phone where when you're not connected to wifi that it automatically uses cell data?

Those unknown calls are likely people calling and dropping to voicemail.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Check your phone data usage?

Tweak the start date to match your figure

Do you provide WiFi hotspot?

Do you boost your WiFi signal with data?

Please check your settings

Need Help? Let's chat.