cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow/no data

sophi_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday around this time and today I am noticing my data is completely not usable. I have signal bars but nothing is going through. I even received a text from public saying "welcome to the USA!" and I'm nowhere near the US. Located Coquitlam, BC. Is there any outage issues in the area that I am not finding with a general search online? 

10 REPLIES 10

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sophi_ 

Did the slow data/poor connection issue start shortly after renewal? It's possible your Sim card needs reprovisioning but that doesn't explain why you would connecting to a US tower over a Canadian one?

In your settings what mobile network provider are you connected to? What name do you see you are connected to for your APN?

You can try powering off your phone and removing the Sim card. If you can test it in another phone even better. Otherwise wait 10 min and reinsert the Sim card and power up. Test voice calls, text and mobile data. Which if any are affected?

To test signal strength choose your network (4G LTE being the default) and go to About Phone-Sim Status-Signal Strength -?? dBm

This info will be helpful for customer support if reprovisioning doesn't help.

@sophi_   Probably best to contact customer service, use this link to send a private message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply to your private message inbox indicated either at the envelope icon top right or tap your avatar for Messages if no envelope.

sophi_

Tried this and tried both selecting the LTE option and the 3G option that came up. The LTE one said there was no connection the first time I tried and 3G works but drops a lot. 

sophi_

I've got the 90 day 4G plan with 90GB of data and on a google pixel 6. 87GB of data left.

I tried the suggestion unfortunately not seeing a difference. Thanks. 

sophi_

I've got 87GB left on my plan so I do hope it shouldn't be slowing down right now. 

sophi_

Yep it's paid and my cycle isn't over till March. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@sophi_   Have you checked that your plan is paid and active in case a payment didn't go through?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sophi_ 

what plan do you have ? Wondering if you have one of the newer plans with lotsa data but speeds reduce when you reach your limit.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sophi_ 

Strange you are not that close to the border to get that text but your phone is getting a stronger signal from a tower in the US. What plan and model of phone to you have?

First try toggling airplane mode on/off and rebooting your phone to see if that solves the issue.

If you have a VOLTE supported device you can safely change your mobile network settings to 4G LTE only or 3G (if no VOLTE) to temporarily solve the issue.

Change back to the automatic setting in a few days. I suspect there is temporary work on your local cell tower that's interfering with your signal.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sophi_ 

Try manually resetting your network connections.

You can also manually select the preferred network to TELUS or Public Mobile from a list as opposed to letting your device automatically choose.

Need Help? Let's chat.