cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclamation point on Pixel 7

Nebster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I see that someone else posted about this but my issue happens sporadically and will not go away even when I try to use data: Solved: Re: Exclamation point on Pixel 7 service bar - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Basically, I own a Pixel 7 and sometimes I will have an exclamation point even though I appear to have a full bar. Calls and texts can go through, and it will say 5G or LTE. However, I will have no data service. This persists for a while and usually resolves on its own without me doing anything. 

I have tried turning the phone on/off, resetting network, removing the SIM, toggling airplane mode. Nothing seems to be working. 

9 REPLIES 9

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Nebster 

since you said it's intermittent, it's possible that your phones antenna is malfunctioning. can you recall dropping the device in the time leading up to the issue? 

@Nebster wrote:

Thanks @will13am, I will check this the next time it happens. 

What do you mean by "owns issues caused by the mobile network"? Their solution is always "factory reset" which I have done and nothing helped.

@gpixel The issue does not persist long enough for a reset to take place in time. Also it will happen while I'm out and about where I have no data to contact PublicMobile. 

What I mean is that if there are any issues with the mobile network that has generalized impact on the customer base, that is a problem for which Public Mobile and the CSAs are culpable for coming up with a resolution.  If is issue originates from a user's phone, it is hard for them to fix the problem.  More often than not, the suggestions are off the mark.  There are from time to time, "grey areas" where the carrier thinks it is not their problem and the customer think it is not theirs as well.  At the risk of sounding like a broken record, VoLTE and 5G come to mind.  

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried to Reset All Networks, and checked your APN settings?

Nebster

Thanks @will13am, I will check this the next time it happens. 

What do you mean by "owns issues caused by the mobile network"? Their solution is always "factory reset" which I have done and nothing helped.

@gpixel The issue does not persist long enough for a reset to take place in time. Also it will happen while I'm out and about where I have no data to contact PublicMobile. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Nebster 

all an exclamation mark means is no mobile data is available. if, you know have available data on your account you will need to contact customer support to reset the network on their end

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nebster , please check SIM status when you see the exclamation mark.  It is possible for you to have a mobile connection but mobile data is disconnected for whatever reason at the phone level.  You have to recognize that support definitely owns issues cause by the mobile network.  They can assist with troubleshooting phone  level problems but their effect may be limited.  BTW, I also have the same phone running on this service.  I have never had this problem.  

HI @Nebster 

if the ! comes out of nowhere, it could be a device problem

when you see the exclamation mark, try reboot the phone first and see if it fixes.  if not, try take the sim card out and wipe it and put it back

and also you can you try using your PM sim card on another phone for extended time (a week or more) and see if the exclamation mark comes on the other phone

Nebster

I edited the post as I realized I did not mention that Data would stop working. I opened a ticket (in April!) but they keep stringing me along and said to contact my carrier instead. This issue did not happen when I was using my old Samsung S10. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Nebster 

if service is ok I guess you can ignore

And you have the latest Android OS?

If you can, open ticket with Google support and let see what they say

Need Help? Let's chat.