cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EverSafe

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

I am not sure which post I should make this suggestion in so please help me redirect it to the correct one if I post this in the wrong one instead of deleting it. 🤗 

I know Telus offers the below with EverSafe but I am hoping Public Mobile eventually will offer those written in the colour red 🙏🏼 )

As part of EverSafe, we offer

• 2-factor authentication to decrease the risk of unauthorized access for a more secure login, online shopping and phone number transfer experience
  • Distinctive identification and sign-in options like fingerprint and face recognition (This would be a great option to have at Public Mobile)
  • Notifications to increase your security and alert you of any login attempts
  • 24-hour monitoring systems dedicated to protecting your privacy

Get started with 2-factor authentication. Here’s how it works

• Your unique code will be sent to your My TELUS app (This would be a great option to have to the Public Mobile app)
  • Once you enter your code and log in, you can choose to trust that device so you won't be prompted on it again
  • You should only choose to trust your personal device and not a shared one

What is 2-factor authentication?

• 2-factor authentication is an additional security feature on top of your username and password. With 2-factor authentication enabled, you’ll be asked for a unique code when someone tries to log in to your account on a device that’s not recognized.
  • This ensures that only you can log in to your account, even if someone else has your password.
  • The 2-factor authentication feature can be turned on or off at any time. (This is an option many of Us would love to have at Public Mobile)

How does 2-factor authentication work?

1. When you or someone else tries to log in to your My TELUS account on a new device or browser, you’ll be asked to enter a 6-digit verification code
  2. This code will be sent to your My TELUS app on your phone (This would be a great option to have to the Public Mobile app)
  3. Once you enter the correct code and log in, you can choose to trust that device so you won’t be asked for a code again on that device or browser. This will keep things simple for you, and will also ensure that you’re still protected if you or someone else logs in on another device.
2 REPLIES 2

@hTideGnow wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:
  1. enter a 6-digit verification code
    This code will be sent to your My TELUS app on your phone (This would be a great option to have to the Public Mobile app)

HI @LitlLdy 

this is for login on browser and app login.  I think this only work if the app already logged in , then when yo utry to login elsewhere, the code send to your phone's app.   But yes, this will be great

@hTideGnow , opps! I didn’t think of that!
The option to disable 2FA would be nice for those of Us that want to.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@LitlLdy wrote:
  1. enter a 6-digit verification code
    This code will be sent to your My TELUS app on your phone (This would be a great option to have to the Public Mobile app)

HI @LitlLdy 

this is for login on browser and app login.  I think this only work if the app already logged in , then when yo utry to login elsewhere, the code send to your phone's app.   But yes, this will be great

Need Help? Let's chat.